Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boatboy24

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2011
1 Infinite Loop
Just me, but if it even remotely resembles that mock up, I'm out. I can certainly wait - my iPhone/armband combo is doing just fine for now when I'm running, and my MOOV band is on its way.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
Will the iWatch be better than this?

Attachments

• Q%20Collection%20iPod%20nano%20Watch%20Bands.jpg
    Q%20Collection%20iPod%20nano%20Watch%20Bands.jpg
    388.2 KB · Views: 122

Bare

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2008
The only reason "analysts" are predicting an early 2015 release is because they have heard literally nothing about the device.

Some schematics and mockups of the iPhone 6 have been around, but no one will come out and verify any of them as being exactly the same as what the final product will look like.

Otherwise, leaks have been at a minimum this year, and speculation has therefore been all over the place. Sapphire! No sapphire! 5.5 inch phone! No, display issues. No, battery issues. Nope, no 5.5 inch phone! Wait, yes, 5.5 inch phone, but next year (because, again, no info)!

Point is, just because these analysts don't know anything doesn't mean that we won't see the iWatch until next year.

TimUSCA

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2006
Aiken, SC
Why would it need anything more than 1GB of space? It's an extension to your iPhone, not a media device itself. It'd be frustrating if we had to manage data on both the iPhone and watch. Makes no sense.

blackcrayon

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2003
8 GB isn't going to leave much room once you install infinity Blade III, Baldur's Gate, and several 1080p videos...

lincolntran

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2010
I can't wait for its debut so I don't have to suffer ugly renderings. Everyone of them is ugly as hell

Jazper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
I feel like this is going to be the most pointless device, but eh, as usual Apple is following the market, just like everyone who follows Apple. Oh, the irony.

Looking forward to the iWatch reveal more than the iPhone 6. Apple has done a great job keeping this one under wraps.

Probably means that either production hasn't began yet, or it doesn't exist - not like anything else Apple has done hasn't been leaked.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
a watch with 8 GB

if apple still thinks its reasonable to release a 16 GB iPhone entry model by the end of 2014 i am just gonna .... laugh.

brinary001

Suspended
Sep 4, 2012
Midwest, USA
It's interesting that we've seen no leaked photos or videos for the watch. Apple did a really good job keeping this one locked up. With that being said, as much as I'm anticipating the new iPhone(s), I'm way more excited to see this.

krravi

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2010
I sincerely hope it doesn't look anything like the one shown in the picture. I would rather buy a band and strap my iPhone on my hand.

transpo1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Yeah -- the only thing that could prevent me from buying the iWatch is if it is rectangular / looks like any of these mockups.

That is the problem with every other smart watch out there (except Moto 360, etc.) -- looks like it's made for techies only.

I actually hope it's more of a wrist band than a watch- a la Sony's SmartBand but with more functionality and perhaps bigger.

TWSS37

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
The only reason "analysts" are predicting an early 2015 release is because they have heard literally nothing about the device.

Some schematics and mockups of the iPhone 6 have been around, but no one will come out and verify any of them as being exactly the same as what the final product will look like.

Otherwise, leaks have been at a minimum this year, and speculation has therefore been all over the place. Sapphire! No sapphire! 5.5 inch phone! No, display issues. No, battery issues. Nope, no 5.5 inch phone! Wait, yes, 5.5 inch phone, but next year (because, again, no info)!

Point is, just because these analysts don't know anything doesn't mean that we won't see the iWatch until next year.

If you follow the pattern of the Moto 360, the first 'smartwatch' that people are actually excited about form and function, it took about 3 months from it being announced and a SDK released to an anticipated launch later this month (we'll find out later today). So to speculate a similar 3 month run up from announcement to shipping, that definitely can push to early 2015, so I don't think it's so far fetched to think that, and not because nothing has been "heard" about it. Plenty has been heard, including Ive's comments in the thread right below this one...

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Samsung focused just went from round to strictly rectangle! Lol. 3.5" rectangle smartwatch is coming out by Christmas.

Jsameds

Suspended
Apr 22, 2008
You've all take that Jony Ive quote in the wrong context, he's not talking about the Swiss watch industry.

Quite obviously the iWatch is going to have tweezers, scissors, a nail file, a screwdriver and a corkscrew built in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.