Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sailingapple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2013
Hi everyone,

I am more of a reader of this forum than a poster.

I have been a Mac user since the mid 80's and currently have 2 apple computers, 3 iPads, iPhone 5, and 4 iPods. I love the technology and the software. There is nothing like it. I have used android and the windows systems and they just can not compare in their performance, usability or quality.

What I do have problems with is being forced by Apple to use iCloud. I feel that using iCloud should be a personal decision.

I am starting this thread to see how many people feel that we should have the decision to be able to back up our information on our own hard drive if we want. If the majority of us feel that we should have this choice maybe we can start a petition to send to Apple to bring back this ability in the current and future IOS's and iTunes.

I vote YES to having the choice to backup my information on my hard drive or iCloud.

How about you?

Sailingapple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2013
That ability to sync USB went away with Mavericks. It was supposed to come back with the last update but when I updated it still was not allowing me to sync USB.

Sailingapple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2013
I have 10.9.3 but not 11.2. Thank you that is great news I thought it was gone forever. I had called apple multiple time regarding this and kept getting the answer that USB syncing was no longer an option.

Pretty sad on apple support. I did the iTunes update and it's back. Well again, thanks everyone for the support that I could not get from apple.

So, this vote is over since it is no longer an issue. Hopefully Yosemite will follow suite.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.