Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anyjungleinguy

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2012
It's finally a "universal" app with support for iPad and iPhone. Previously the iPad and iPhone apps were separate apps.

Is the iPad version still US store only?

Well if alectheking is right, don't expect to see this update anytime soon outside of the US because, as you pointed out, the iPad app is still U.S only.

I've got no update notification here in the UK.

EDIT: I'm completely wrong. The app is now universal and so it does work on the iPad in the UK. The update is live and it looks really slick.

Last edited:

iOz

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2014
And still no EPP pricing even though that's how my account is set up

oldwren

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2012
This struck me too.. very odd and inconsistent.

Something I've noticed is that, on their website, they are slowly moving towards using Myriad as an embedded webfont for header and (sometimes) body text instead of using header images of Myriad in conjunction with body text set in Lucida.

Old: http://www.apple.com/ipodclassic/

In-between: http://www.apple.com/ios/ios8/

Newest: http://www.apple.com/live/

(Note that even the footer and copyright notice are set in Myriad in the last one.)

Suspended
Dec 17, 2013
It now works in the UK on iPad too. I had to search "Apple Store" and filter to "iPhone apps only" to get it though.

On my iPhone, I now have a permanent Location arrow outline on my screen (due to iBeacons). Should this be the case? It's meant to always show?

oldwren

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2012
Interesting. The new app still doesn't display Next as an option for AT&T when upgrading or checking eligibility.

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
It's finally a "universal" app with support for iPad and iPhone. Previously the iPad and iPhone apps were separate apps.

Yeah, this threw me for a minute. If you look up the app on the iPad, it shows the iPad only version, and that won't work with the cart sync. Uninstalled the iPad only version and installed the universal version.

anyjungleinguy

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2012
I've looked around the app, but it looks like there are no more free offerings of iOS apps available for download through the app.

Anyone find it?

:confused: :(

In the UK I've got a promotion for iMaschine under the Stores tab. Can't see it on the iPad version but it's definitely there on the iPhone one.

It now works in the UK on iPad too. I had to search "Apple Store" and filter to "iPhone apps only" to get it though.

On my iPhone, I now have a permanent Location arrow outline on my screen (due to iBeacons). Should this be the case? It's meant to always show?

Yeah, I had to do that too. Not sure about the location arrow, mine disappears when I exit nut I don't have Bluetooth on.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
Finally the iPod touch is mentioned. Slight hope of an update to be on par with the iPhone 6?

edit: I also love the new shopping bag icon. But let's be honest, if you shop online, the icon should be a shipping box. ;-)

Just an updated Apple Store app that I put on my Touch 5. There is nothing to indicate a Touch 6.

ryanasimov

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2007
I use the previous version to buy my 5S and iPad Air on launch days, and it worked perfectly. I expect I'll do the same thing this time around, too.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
The icon is clearly hinting at an impending Mac mini update, reintroducing the disk drive! :p

steve333

macrumors 65816
Dec 12, 2008
How about fixing iTunes?
They make it as difficult as possible to buy a song. After clicking around trying to figure out how to buy one if you're lucky you'll click directly on the price of the song and that lets you buy it.
It's idiotic and completely unintuitive, the opposite of what Apple is supposed to be. They even took away the ability to buy all songs in your wish list at once.
How much you want to bet that this is the reason iTunes sales have gone down.

Don't make people fish around when you're trying to sell something-make it as easy as possible

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
The icon is clearly hinting at an impending Mac mini update, reintroducing the disk drive! :p

I was about to write the same thing. The first time I looked at it, I thought it was a padlock. Second time looked like a Mac mini with a disc coming out. Doesn't look much like a shopping bag to me, but I shop mostly online, so maybe that's how they look these days!

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
Wow, that is a much better icon. I hope they rework some of their icons. It doesn't make sense. They can make an icon this good that they can also make the Game Center icon and the Settings icon look absolutely horrid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.