Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SmileyBlast!

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
As a concept that was way better than anything :apple: competitors are currently shipping. What they have look like Nest Thermostats strapped to your wrist. Thinner and curved is the way to go. Remember if the screen is too small then your finger hides the user interface.

You have to be able to see it. Not every has 20-20 vision either.

So a bigger iWatch is necessary.

Jakexb

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2014
It's going to have at least a day's worth of battery with long-range wireless charging... not *exactly* infinite battery life, but never having to take it off to charge it is going to be huge.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Can't imagine apple'd fundamentally change the paging interaction, as shown here, to swipe up/down instead of left/right. For a lot of reasons.

But the video is pretty.

Pretty sure were not going get just a small version of iOS on the watch. So current iOS rules really won't apply....Most likely.

paulsdenton

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2010
Barton, Vermont USA
Whoa boy am I out of step with this blog!

I think it looks great and if it has all the stuff I've heard it might (health sensors, etc.) I would gladly retire my old Rolex and wear it. Easily pay $400 but might think twice if over $500.

Can't wait to see the real thing!

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
All these concepts are just trying to recreate the iOS on the wrist. The moment you try to set out on that goal, it just doesn't work.

Indeed. Square this off and physically it's good enough looking that it could be close to WWJD.
But that UI, no way. It won't be iOS 8 shoved into a tiny screen. No dock, etc. Think the old iPod nano.

And it won't be all functions. Easy money there won't be any texting, email etc from this device. At best it maybe will have a mic and you can dictate something to the phone in your pocket.but without that phone or an iPad you won't be doing much more than notifications etc

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
So maceumours is going to spam any and every concept / mock up no matter the quality.

Shows the quality that this website has devolved to.

kdarling

macrumors P6
Thanks. So I'm assuming those people are using really, really old computers.

No, no :)

It's an old computer quirk that is now used to make a joke. For example, you might write:

"I think that the price sucks^H^H^H^H^H is great!"

What you're doing is pretending that you backspaced over the "sucks" and it accidentally was still shown, but in reality you're pointing out your real feelings with a wink.

PocketSand11

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2014
~/
No, no :)

It's an old computer quirk that is now used to make a joke. For example, you might write:

"I think that the price sucks^H^H^H^H^H is great!"

What you're doing is pretending that you backspaced over the "sucks" and it accidentally was still shown, but in reality you're pointing out your real feelings with a wink.

Oh, I get it :)

Ihatefall

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
Personally, I am looking forward to a connected watch especially with bigger phones on the way. I will like to get text notification but not have them displayed until I interact with them. (I am currently living in Tokyo and the rush hour trains are hell, it would be cool to be able to watch something on a watch while I am holding the bar anyway.

The thing I really want is to be able to control music on my phone through my wrist. When I am riding my bike and practicing tricks in the park, Its a pain to pull my phone out of my sweaty pocket. Doing it on the watch would be great. (I don't ride on the street or in crowded areas with headphones, before you all jump on me.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.