Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dcaccount

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 17, 2013
Hello,

Has anyone tried Fusion 7? Is it worth upgrading it from 6?

Is there any comparison with Parallels 10?

Thanks,
Daniele

shaunp

Cancelled
Nov 5, 2010
I'm thinking about it because of the ability to logon direct to vCentre and ESXi, and if my memory serves me correctly it can deploy VM's from OVF templates - means lots of appliances can be used such as the openstack appliance, or PHD virtual backup servers.

I will do it eventually I'm just waiting for the first round of bugs to be found, but now I've said that I'm sure I'll put it on one of my machines just to find out what breaks.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I just upgraded because of the ability to choose only the integrated graphics chip on my rMBP.

I will say that start up and use of Windows 8.1 is slightly faster, but shutdown is now much longer. The reason it was worth it for me is that it is now more seamless to jump between a retina screen and a non-retina one which helps with a dual monitor setup.

Fusion 6 is fine and supposedly does run on Yosemite, but will no longer be support for any bugs that might occur.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I upgraded, but then I went from 5 to 7. I'm happy with the changes, and for me I'll want Yosemite compatibility.

I think you can skip every other version without missing too much, though you should double check to see if version 6 is compatible with Yosemite.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I sort of upgraded... The last version I used was v2. :eek: I bought v7 yesterday and for the most part, it looks and feels about the same. Though, obviously, there are a lot of under the hood changes that happened over the years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.