Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oldmanmac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Edmond, OK
Anyone get it yet? What about the Pro version? I trust people more than companies to correctly present a product.

I've got the basic v.11, and wanted to know if it's a worthwhile upgrade.

kaltsasa

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2002
Kellogg IA
I usually upgrade Toast every other version. I really don't see anything compelling me to upgrade from 11 to 12 . I don't need all the extra software, which is all the Pro version is, comes with a bunch of extra software (theres some decent things in there)

Unless 11 suddenly stops working when 10.10 is released,then I guess I'll upgrade.

Problem is there's little left to add to a burning application, about all they can do is maintain it and value add other software. I'd hate to see them stop producing toast, but it's hard to justify 60 bucks for an upgrade that adds nothing to my day to day usage.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
I have Toast Pro 12 and nothing exciting has been really added. Some good additional apps like Fotomagico (iMovie alternative), Live Screen Capture, HDR Express, iZotope Music & Speech Cleaner, SmartSound Sonicfire Pro, Disc Catalog Maker and FaceFilter3 Standard. All decent apps if you do not have Adobe or other alternatives. Plus you get the Blu-ray plugin that comes with the Pro version.

Not worth the money unless you need the apps or the blu-ray plugin. Save your money otherwise.

Bookshelf

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2008
What exactly is "live screen capture?

Does Roxy 12 take a "snap shot of your screen or record streaming video?
Is the "window" size adjustable?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.