Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Right. Which is why we got "perfect" cases like this one, where the iPhone logo was not hidden. Oh wait.

View attachment 489184

I think we already see his influence on Ive with shapes and "mod" 1960s colors that Newson favors:

View attachment 489187

View attachment 489185

I think I'd much rather that Ive continued to be "inspired" by Dieter Rams, than by Newson.

View attachment 489186

Urgh.

Of course he also designs things like this. But I'm sure you'll find some design flaws with these too. ;)

Jaeger-LeCoultre-Atmos-Clock-in-Baccarat-glass-case-designed-by-Marc-Newson.jpg
atmos56.jpg
marc-newson-with-jaeger-lecoultre-atmos-e1356655573870.jpg

kdarling

macrumors P6
What? Ken Segall says he came up with the iMac name. He says Phil Schiller wanted to call it MacMan and Steve fell in love with that name because it reminded him of Sony.

This. Steve eventually got swayed over to iMac and introduced it as meaning:

imac_meanings.png

Of course he also designs things like this. But I'm sure you'll find some design flaws with these too. ;)

I'm sure you meant well, but no sir, you did not cheer me up with those :p

Now I'm beginning to think that the iWatch is going to be available in a choice of iPhone 5C colors, with wrist bands that have holes. (j/k - i hope!)

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
This. Steve eventually got swayed over to iMac and introduced it as meaning:

View attachment 489209

I'm sure you meant well, but no sir, you did not cheer me up with those :p

Now I'm beginning to think that the iWatch is going to be available in a choice of iPhone 5C colors, with wrist bands that have holes. (j/k - i hope!)

Ha. I actually like his watch designs. They're not mod at at all.

Moto G

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2014
Marc walks in for his first day at work - 63 year old secretary stops him at the entrance of Apple HQ:

"Are you new, son?"

----------

Is Marc Newson considered Ivy League?

He's considered a human, if that helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.