Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vix2000

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2010
I have a macbook air, a convert since December and decided to have a go with osx rether than run windows 7 on it, so as I am still feeling my way please be patient with me !!!! I got an epson printer on a deal with the MBA which works seamlessly with all printers in the house. My original brother dcp 340cw was working perfectly so gave it to my daughter. Every time I want to use it I have to set it up again and it is really a pain.

I was asked to make some forms for my daughters employer, I did it at their premises and my mba accessed their brother printer and set it up in a few minutes and it worked perfectly.

I have today spent the last 2 hours trying to access my daughters printer. All instructions I find say to download MFL pro suite but I can't find anywhere to download it.

It is connected to the network fine but I cannot find it on the mba, even when the printer is connected to the router by ethernet. I know the printer works fine but do not know what to do next. Its so frustrating. I have emailed brother but will not hold my breath.

If anyone can help I would be eternally grateful!!!

7thMac

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2010
I think the suite may only be on the disk that came with the printer. You can definitely download drivers from the Brother website, but I'm not sure that the suite is posted there.

macssuck1

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2014
7th mac should not have bothered

what was the point of that piece of useless information. clearly the issue is that mfl pro suite is required to find the printer. just don't bother. anyone out there with useful information please respond.

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Since thus a wireless printer how about trying to access the printer's wiki web page. So just get into your router and find out what the printer's IP is. You then can use this IP to get into your printer(put that IP into your favorite browser address window to get go the printer's setup page. Thus way you can see if the printer is setup correctly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.