Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aelita

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Connecticut
I have nearly finished installing Windows 7 on my Mac Pro 1.1. However, when I boot up, the Windows loading screen appears for a few seconds and then the Windows logo flickers around the screen for a split second until the computer crashes and restarts itself. I tried booting into safe mode, but then I get stuck at the "Windows is preparing your computer for first use" screen. Is there any way to resolve this?

jakesaunders27

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2012
United Kingdom
I have nearly finished installing Windows 7 on my Mac Pro 1.1. However, when I boot up, the Windows loading screen appears for a few seconds and then the Windows logo flickers around the screen for a split second until the computer crashes and restarts itself. I tried booting into safe mode, but then I get stuck at the "Windows is preparing your computer for first use" screen. Is there any way to resolve this?

If your trying to install 64 Bit its incredibly hard in my experiences. Which version is it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.