Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
I would really like having a light "iPhone Mini" with a 3.5 inch screen as an option. That one should weigh in at around 100g if built with the same materials as the 5/5S. I can understand why many people want a bigger screen, but I'd be much happier with a smaller screen on a lighter phone.

Hear hear.

mrxak

macrumors 68000
I don't really care how thin the iPad is, I care a lot more about weight. iPad Air is pretty light now, but I would love to see it even lighter. If that means thinner too, okay.

Of course, Apple needs to do this without losing battery life, which typically means more efficient chips that need less go juice. Battery tech is not advancing anywhere near as fast as I would like.

Anyway, when do we realistically expect to see this thing come out? October, or the same time as the new iPhone? There haven't been a whole lot of leaks, but then everyone seems so focused on the new iPhone and iWatch rumors, and chances are new iPad parts could be overlooked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.