Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hello, I am using a rMBP and a Galaxy Note PRO 12.2. I made my presentation using Keynote. Is there any good Android app that allows one to edit and display presentations made by Keynote? Is there a fully compatible app? Thanks.

ozaz

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2011
Pretty sure there won't be an Android app, but can't use you icloud.com through the browser?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Hello, I am using a rMBP and a Galaxy Note PRO 12.2. I made my presentation using Keynote. Is there any good Android app that allows one to edit and display presentations made by Keynote? Is there a fully compatible app? Thanks.

If you save/export the keynote presentation as a PowerPoint presentation (upload it to Dropbox to get it no your Note 12.2), you will be able to use the excellent and free (for note pro 12.2 users) Hancom Office on your Note 12.2 :) or even Google Slides

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Thanks. Sometimes the conversions to PowerPoints do not work 100% of the time. That is the problem. Sometimes Android app also cannot reproduce some transition effects. So, the best option at this point is to export to PowerPoints format first.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
this is the reason why im always using ms powerpoint to make the final presentation. (at work we have only win computers) when making some presentation by my Note, i always have to fix the final version by a real win computer. and it doesnt matter whether im using mac, android or open/libreoffice - something is always wrong.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Both Keynote and PowerPoint are proprietary formats. Nothing is going to be perfectly compatible except the app itself.

If you want something non-proprietary (i.e., open), then you need to go with OpenOffice format (OpenOffice, LibreOffice, StarOffice, etc...).

Now, whether or not there's a good OpenOffice reader/viewer for Android or iOS is another issue entirely.

I have no good suggestions, which is why I've purchased a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 to take with me wherever I've got to give a presentation. The Microsoft Office app for Android phones does a good job with PowerPoint, but it's not compatible with Android tablets yet and the editing options are very limited.

Even Keynote from Mac to iPad and back doesn't always come out 100%.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.