Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
Looks like it is time for a Lollipop statue at the Googleplex. Why else would they need a crane? :D

original.jpg

googleplex-2.jpg

Bring it on Google!!!!

android_lollies-578-80.jpg

kingalexthe1st

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2013
The new android statue looks a lot like a construction worker just sweeping. Google are getting really creative these days.

Also, 'There will be a crane lift project taking place at this bldg' ?

I guess all the vowels fell out of the keyboard while he was typing the last word. For some reason my brain doesn't fill it in as 'building', but instead as 'bald egg' :)

Alex

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
The new android statue looks a lot like a construction worker just sweeping. Google are getting really creative these days.

Also, 'There will be a crane lift project taking place at this bldg' ?

I guess all the vowels fell out of the keyboard while he was typing the last word. For some reason my brain doesn't fill it in as 'building', but instead as 'bald egg' :)

Alex

Lol, yep I think the new android figurehead is going to be... a construction worker. Heck they already have the android guy with construction gear in their downloading screen.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
So, did it ever get revealed?

Looks like a news blackout at the Googleplex today. I've been searching the net all day for any details and normally you see visitor snapshots, news updates, etc and as of around 15 hours ago, nada. So, I can only guess Google will reveal to the news media on Monday or Tuesday. That is what the did last year on Sept 3rd.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
Even before KitKat was released, Lollipop was always the name I predicted for their L release. It was either that or Licorice. But Lollipop sounds lot more memorable than Lemon Meringue Pie.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
Well, Google fooled us again. All they did yesterday is move the old statues around to make room for the new one. Here is a photo from today.

nexus2cee_after_thumb.png

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Even before KitKat was released, Lollipop was always the name I predicted for their L release. It was either that or Licorice. But Lollipop sounds lot more memorable than Lemon Meringue Pie.

A lollipop isnt a desert....though im not sure a kitkat bar is either, though it is more so than a lollipop.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Cant argue that. Gingerbread imo isnt even anything edible, lol. Really at this point i dont care what they call it since it has been going by "L" all this time.

Shuri

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2011
Cant argue that. Gingerbread imo isnt even anything edible, lol. Really at this point i dont care what they call it since it has been going by "L" all this time.

Then you haven't eaten a good one yet :p

On Topic: Nice marketing of Google keeping the hype high. :)

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Delving back into the Android game with my OPO coming today as its the only Android I really enjoy is the stock like experience.

OPO said they will get L within 90 days of release but interested to see how fast updates come on this device and for how long.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Google unveiling what "L" is today - 6 Sept

Google unveiling what "L" is today - 6 Sept
Maybe it stands for "L"ate

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.