Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jcmwwe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Hi was wondering what is or u think is the best either ipad stand or ipad case with multi viewing angles for my new ipad 4? Also if it is a ipad stand can u use a case with it? Please let me know. Thanks.

donnaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2011
Austin TX
My husband uses this on his iPad 2 and I liked it so much I bought one for my iPad 3. We've been using them for almost a year and they have held up perfectly. Very light, two viewing angles in landscape mode. Plus the magnets work right to turn it on when opened. It also has a bit of a lip to keep it closed.

Since it works for the 2 & the 3 I'm sure it will work on th 4.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...=aps&hvadid=1310925325&ref=pd_sl_3mdoxzltjr_e

Edit: I'm referring to the Grip.

joekim1026

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2011
moshi versacover! that is my cure all for my iPad, you can do portrait and landscape in different angles!

KennySmith

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2011
I have the zum thinlio 360... I have it for more than a month .. the case has all the features I want

1. freely rotate between portrait and landscape
2. of course unlimited viewing angles
3. good build quality
4. all around protection when the device is closed
5. It is sturdy, not heavy, feels good....
6. $30 ... good bargain with all these features and built quality

http://www.amazon.com/ZUM-Thinlio-3...F8&qid=1363145825&sr=8-1&keywords=thinlio+360

This is the fifth cases I have and should be the last one for my iPad 3 : )

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
I have the zum thinlio 360... I have it for more than a month .. the case has all the features I want

1. freely rotate between portrait and landscape
2. of course unlimited viewing angles
3. good build quality
4. all around protection when the device is closed
5. It is sturdy, not heavy, feels good....
6. $30 ... good bargain with all these features and built quality

http://www.amazon.com/ZUM-Thinlio-3...F8&qid=1363145825&sr=8-1&keywords=thinlio+360

This is the fifth cases I have and should be the last one for my iPad 3 : )

One reviewer talked about an issue with rotate. I don't get this, is something with the case preventing this function? Do you find the edges to be a bit abrasive possibly causing the scratching of the ipad after a while?

Oh, I dont show a typing position, only multiple upright landscape/ portrait options, is it because there isn't one?

This may be my second go to case..I like to have a few..

Last edited:

Giuly

macrumors 68040
Moshe VersaCover Origami: Black, Translucent and White
1337313458948.png
1337313502930.png
1337313486050.png

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Amazon sells Gibon 3-wire stands (meant for books, displaying plates, etc.) and these work very nicely for the iPad (either Mini or regular sized). I bought them back when I still had the first iPad and have been using them for each generation ever since. I keep the Smart Case on and turn the device upside-down, plug in the Lightning cable and that's that. No fuss, no muss. Also, by charging with the cable coming of the top rather than at the bottom there is less risk of damaging the cable at the connection points.

The wire stands can be adjusted to whichever angle feels best and the iPad can be viewed in either portrait or landscape mode, no problem.

The 3A stand comes in white or black and there is plastic over the wire so that there is no possibility of scratching the iPad.

31mE7lCyT%2BL._SY450_.jpg

P0stalTek

Suspended
Feb 25, 2011
Another vote for the Moshi Versacover Oragami. Best all around case imo, especially if viewing angles are a concern for you.

fingg

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2013
usa
My favourite ipad case is New iPad Most Protective Survivor Case, as you know, it is designed from the inside out to protect ipad from extreme conditions and a host of other environmental factors, but the important point attract me is the colorful and multi viewing angels as I like and it can be choose freely from ipadmates.
new-ipad-2-ipad-3-ipad-4-most-protective-survivor-case.jpg

PM-Performance

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2012
The moshi is great for angles and all around good case, but the sleep on flip to back gets annoying.
I'm contemplating sending mine back, but I love the case otherwise.

macaholicsanon

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2013
Case/Stand

Hi was wondering what is or u think is the best either ipad stand or ipad case with multi viewing angles for my new ipad 4? Also if it is a ipad stand can u use a case with it? Please let me know. Thanks.

I have had a bunch of stand cases because I was trying to find the best and the best one by far I have used, well now its the one I still use is called the Case Prodigy. It is Exactly what you are looking for.

These other ones that have angles are just not secure in each angle thats the main problem with the stand cases out there except the Case Prodigy.

jpadhiyar

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2012
Ahmedabad, India

I think Thoughtout Stable Coil Pro is the perfect iPad stand for you. It is made of flexible coil to twist to any shape you imagine to hold your iPad. Along with that it can be mounted anywhere and everywhere you can imagine.

61FV57K0HmL._SL1500_.jpg

impaler

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2006
USA
I would go with the Zerochroma cases. I have them for iPad 3 & iPhone 5s and they work great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.