Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
i'm trying to run a nvidia gtx 780 and an amd 7970 in the same system. not working well at all. it keeps giving the same error below, and then it downloads another unit.

Code:
Sending unit results: id:00 state:SEND error:FAULTY project:9406 run:358

any ideas?

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
What is "AMD" ? :rolleyes:

What OS you are using ? Windows or Linux ?
Is each card for itself individually folding?
Did you swapped physically the sequence of the cards ? I remember I read somewhere it is relevant which GPU is in the slot close the CPU (forgot the outcome if AMD or nV need to be closer).

I try to find you more answers but in general mixed GPU with different architecture is ... Very advanced :eek:

Oh, and can you share more from the log, upper part with config and download/upload of WU

2nd oh, if you like I can dispose your GTX 780; I will not charge you much :D and would burn it in my "oven"

Last edited:

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
thanks Christian! i decided to give up on running these two cards in the same system. i could tell that it wasn't going anywhere anything soon. i ended up putting my other nvidia cards in here, so i know have a 780, 770, and 760 in the same system.

Louis Wu

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2011
Toronto
i'm trying to run a nvidia gtx 780 and an amd 7970 in the same system. not working well at all. it keeps giving the same error below, and then it downloads another unit.

Code:
Sending unit results: id:00 state:SEND error:FAULTY project:9406 run:358

any ideas?

sorry hadn't checked the forum for a few days; I did have a rig going with both, a 7970 and a 660ti and it was stable but I remember it was finicky to set up. it was a Win7 box.

nice nVidia system you've got there -- I look forward to being relegated to second (or third) spot on the list!

Louis

Oh, I just remembered that the placement of the cards in the system seemed to make a difference and I also had to pause all the cards and start one of them first. Can't remember which one I had to start first.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Good decision; Smarter than the average bear ...:D

:cool:

sorry hadn't checked the forum for a few days; I did have a rig going with both, a 7970 and a 660ti and it was stable but I remember it was finicky to set up. it was a Win7 box.

nice nVidia system you've got there -- I look forward to being relegated to second (or third) spot on the list!

Louis

Oh, I just remembered that the placement of the cards in the system seemed to make a difference and I also had to pause all the cards and start one of them first. Can't remember which one I had to start first.

thanks Louis. i think i'm good for now, though i'll remember that just in case i give it a go again later. if so, i'll be back on this thread ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.