Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
Anyone know how you can Ore-Order a Verizon iPhone 6 and take advantage of their edge program?

Thanks

Jay

metzy25

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
You are not able to pre order on verizon edge only a two year agreement.

Diseal3

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Being in the same boat for one of my lines I was told either the Apple Store to you have to do it through Verizon.

fieldsphotos

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2013
You should be able to preorder full price.

In the past, if you were eligible for the subsidized pricing at Verizon, you couldn't order full price at Apple.com. On the preorder site it only mentions ATT Next, so I have to assume Apple hasn't incorporated Verizon's Edge program into their system.

I would make plans to pre-order via Verizon just in case Apple's site doesn't allow it.

metzy25

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
You should be able to preorder full price.

That as well. I just find it stupid that you can't pre order through verizon if you want Verizon edge or if your already on edge and wanting to pre order like I am with edge.

Diseal3

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Per Apple's Website "To check your eligibility for Verizon Edge, please visit an Apple Retail Store."

So your gonna have to do it at a Store or Verizon's Site as I mentioned.

metzy25

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
Per Apple's Website "To check your eligibility for Verizon Edge, please visit an Apple Retail Store."

So your gonna have to do it at a Store or Verizon's Site as I mentioned.

Where does it say that on apples website? Wonder if you can edge up on release day at the apple store.

Diseal3

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Where does it say that on apples website? Wonder if you can edge up on release day at the apple store.

Click the "Upgrade Eligibility" and go through the flow for Verizon. It says it on the last page at the top.

metzy25

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
Click the "Upgrade Eligibility" and go through the flow for Verizon. It says it on the last page at the top.

Makes sense. It probably won't show for me since I'm already on edge. Verizon stores should definitely have the iphone 6 and iphone 6 plus in store on launch correct? I wanted to pre order but I guess I'm not able to.

Diseal3

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Makes sense. It probably won't show for me since I'm already on edge. Verizon stores should definitely have the iphone 6 and iphone 6 plus in store on launch correct? I wanted to pre order but I guess I'm not able to.

Yeah I'm sure they will its just the matter of if you could find what you want. I imagine if you use Verizon's site instead of Apple's site to pre-order you maybe able to. Verizon already has the pre-order banner up.

It seems like Apple was able to incorporate ATT Next on their side in time but not Verizon. It unfortunately limits the options for this round but i'm sure they'll get it added eventually.

metzy25

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
Yeah I'm sure they will its just the matter of if you could find what you want. I imagine if you use Verizon's site instead of Apple's site to pre-order you maybe able to. Verizon already has the pre-order banner up.

It seems like Apple was able to incorporate ATT Next on their side in time but not Verizon. It unfortunately limits the options for this round but i'm sure they'll get it added eventually.

When I chatted with several verizon reps they told me that your not able to pre order at all via edge so idk hopefully they don't know what there talking about. Otherwise I'm fine waiting tell release day to go to Verizon as long as they actually have them in store. I plan on being within the first few people there if I do launch day.

Diseal3

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
When I chatted with several verizon reps they told me that your not able to pre order at all via edge so idk hopefully they don't know what there talking about. Otherwise I'm fine waiting tell release day to go to Verizon as long as they actually have them in store. I plan on being within the first few people there if I do launch day.

I've gotten mixed results also. Guess we'll have to wait it out until Friday to find out for sure.

RF9

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
California
Bummer. I'm on AT&T and I was waiting for this to do my switch to Verizon. I always pre-order my phones (previously on AT&T.) I have heard that Verizon Stores are not that bad on iPhone launch days but I anticipate this one being kind of crazier than the last few years.

I will be doing a *NEW* signup on Verizon Edge. I'm not upgrading. Perhaps there is a remote possibility I'll be able to do it on pre-order day.

Also currently the web site only allows you to do 1 phone as a signup on the web site "go into the store to add additional lines." I'm eventually doing 2 but I guess my wife can wait a while if it comes to that. :)

I know someone who knows someone at Apple :) and I've heard that they have been producing for a while and have a lot of inventory for launch. So hopefully we won't have to deal with long waits due to shortages.

I've read that Apple will be adding Verizon Edge support (all carrier's payment programs) eventually but it looks pretty clear that it's not in place yet for pre-order.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.