Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yelnref

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
Hey all. Probably the wrong day to be asking a non 6/+ question but here goes. :)

I think this is fairly straightforward, but can expand if necessary...

If my iPhone is unlocked and I set the phone up to forward calls to a Skype number (by going to the phone tab under settings), and then I remove the SIM card and put in another SIM (when traveling to anther country, for example), will my old number still forward calls to my Skype number?

I know that if I enable call forwarding then turn on airplane mode it still works, but I am curious about if it will still do so if I remove the SIM.

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

rigormortis

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
Hey all. Probably the wrong day to be asking a non 6/+ question but here goes. :)

I think this is fairly straightforward, but can expand if necessary...

If my iPhone is unlocked and I set the phone up to forward calls to a Skype number (by going to the phone tab under settings), and then I remove the SIM card and put in another SIM (when traveling to anther country, for example), will my old number still forward calls to my Skype number?

I know that if I enable call forwarding then turn on airplane mode it still works, but I am curious about if it will still do so if I remove the SIM.

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

if you want your number to forward to Skype then you should call your original phone company and ask how to turn on call forwarding using dial codes like *90 408 555 1221 # or whatever it is. if you set up call forwarding
on the iPhone itself. and then change sims, i don't know if that cancels out the call forward

if you are an AT&T customer and dial **21*1234567890# to forward your number to 123-456-7890 then
remove the sim card. AT&T should keep that setting. each company has a different code # to dial. and the code numbers are different for regular call forwarding and voice mail call forwarding.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.