Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DCIFRTHS

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2008
Using your own analogy that would be like someone complaining their Malibu doesn't have the same features and/or performance as a Corvette.

No. It wouldn't. You're assuming that a family car is in the same class as a sports car.

I don't think it's unreasonable for two different sized phones to have the same feature set, and performance.

Whatever. I think I'm missing your point.

Last edited:

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
No. It wouldn't. You're assuming that a family car is in the same class as a sports car.

I don't think it's unreasonable for two different sized phones to have the same feature set, and performance.

Whatever. I think I'm missing your point.

And you're assuming that a larger more expensive phablet is in the same class as a smaller less expensive phone.

Who knows, if I was getting the 4.7" I'd probably be a little miffed too. But I plan on getting the 5.5" (assuming Apple puts one out) so if I get more features for the extra money I'm paying then I'm all for it.

Personally, I'm not convinced one will be any different than the other, with the exception of screen size. So hopefully we'll all get what we want. :)

V_Man

Cancelled
Aug 1, 2013
If Apple can't eat $5.00 per phone, something is very wrong. I like Apple because they *appear* to put product first. A move like this seems to put profit first. And with the low powered iMac's, I don't like where this is going. This is a move a struggling company does, not the #1 tech company in the world. If you have a better camera, put it in both.

Suprise... for Apple and any other company...ITS ALL ABOUT THE $$$$$$

furi0usbee

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
Suprise... for Apple and any other company...ITS ALL ABOUT THE $$$$$$

Sure is, but some companies can mask the appearance of greed. Apple has put quality out in the forefront for so long. I see that diminishing as of late.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.