Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bnrr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
Hello, Last week I replaced my ipad mini lcd display because it was shattered after my grand daughter drop it. Oder a new display, remove damage and installed the new one. Repair went smoothly reassembled, double check all connection everything okay. Turn on ipad mini, apple logo appears, time and date also appeared on the screen and then black screen:eek:
check all connections again, turn the device on, still the same issue. I have even plug the device and leave to charge for over an hour. Same issues, displays lights up and then gose
black. Is there something that I missed:( this is my first repair for an ipad. Any advice and guidance is appreciated. Thank you:D

thegreati

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2012
Possible damage to battery? Battery connection? There are very small chips/capacitors near he battery connector on the Logic Board side that people knock off without knowing all the time. Take a good look at that area.

taptic

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2012
California
Hello, Last week I replaced my ipad mini lcd display because it was shattered after my grand daughter drop it. Oder a new display, remove damage and installed the new one. Repair went smoothly reassembled, double check all connection everything okay. Turn on ipad mini, apple logo appears, time and date also appeared on the screen and then black screen:eek:
check all connections again, turn the device on, still the same issue. I have even plug the device and leave to charge for over an hour. Same issues, displays lights up and then gose
black. Is there something that I missed:( this is my first repair for an ipad. Any advice and guidance is appreciated. Thank you:D

Have you tried hard resetting and restoring? Does it show up in iTunes?

bnrr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
Thank you greati and dshape5 for your reply to my post. I will try both advice in troubleshooting and hopefully it will resolve the issue. I have one question? When does the
the method of jumping the backlight becomes necessary. Is it a difficult procedure? Just
curious and hopefully it doesn't lead to that direction. Will post if the issue is resolved or not.
Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.