Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carrerasrodrigo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
Hello All! Im new around here,

I have a macbook white late 2009 13'' and the cable of my charger cut so I bought a new one. The model of the original charger says: 'for model number a1330'. It's a 60W charger.

I bought a new one that says 'for model number a1344' also of 60W.

Im noticing now that when I plug the mac the mouse starts to lag. The cpu its not working hard and it seems to be when I plug the charger.

Can it be related with the new charger? Or a charger for a1344 should work fine and I'm just freaking out?

btw the pc is running osx 10.9.4
Thank a lot!

Last edited:

logana

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
Scotland
Are these both original genuine Apple chargers - anything that says "for model no A1344" sounds as if it is not genuine.

Does the charger have a recessed Apple logo on each side of the charger or is it plain plastic...

If it is not genuine Apple where did you get it from ?

carrerasrodrigo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
Solution

logana yes its a genuine charger, if you pay attention on the side of every apple charger says the models that is made for.

I will leave the explanation and solution for the problem in case that someone need it. The problem its caused for an electric interference.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1248

I hope it helps others,
Regards

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.