Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gjm87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2014
Hi All,

I got a 128GB 6plus and I am picking up in store. I have an order number, but no email confirmation or charge on my CC. Is this normal for instore pickup?

Thanks,

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
Give it time. Many people just ordered. If you have a confirmation number you are set.

I got my confirmation email for in store pickup already, but I was one of the first to get an order in on the app.

Nikos

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2008
New York
I got a confirmation email instantly, but no charge on my card yet. Called Chase to make sure it wouldn't be flagged as fraud and they said I won't have an issue.

FrankySavvy

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
Hi All,

I got a 128GB 6plus and I am picking up in store. I have an order number, but no email confirmation or charge on my CC. Is this normal for instore pickup?

Thanks,

When you preorder for in store pick up does that mean you are guaranteed in for thAT DAY?

westcoastcyc

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
I think In-Store pickup will be easier for me. Don't have to wait all day for Fed Ex to show up.

Tammster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
S Florida USA
So, does this mean there wont be shipping details to track (like if it were being shipped to me directly)? We don't have to watch UPS, or whatever, to see where it is... because it will just go to the store for pick-up?

gmhag

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2011
We did preorder and pickup in store for the 5 after it came out. It was such a pleasant experience. We walked up to the store with a line wrapped way down the mall (i would estimate around 100 people or more) all with tired and irritated faces. We walked up to the other side of the entrance and there was a line of about 3 people in front of us. The employee went, grabbed the iphone and had it set up for us and we were in and out within what seemed like about 15 minutes.

It took a little longer to get out of the store because Glen from the Walking Dead just happened to be getting his iphone that day right next to us. We told him how we were huge fans and he was super cool. He asked our names and told us how he really appreciated us watching the show. He was very humble.

Overall it was a very good experience and I am just hoping that next Friday will be just as good of an experience when I pick mine up.

prodigee

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
I did instore as well. 64GB Space Gray Plus. I got a confirmation email, and a "0.00" charge to my account, from Apple instantly. I can only assume that that is the hold that they place, although I'm not sure how it works cause it was for literally no money.

If someone could explain that to me, that would be great.

NYY FaN

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
New York
In the order confirmation email, it says you can call your carrier to add somebody.

so as long as you're an authorized user on the wireless account, they will let you pick it up? Nothing needs to be done to add a pickup contact on Apple's end? I used my wife's apple account to order the phone since her app was actually able to get through last night to order

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I got a confirmation email instantly, but no charge on my card yet. Called Chase to make sure it wouldn't be flagged as fraud and they said I won't have an issue.

When you called Chase, did they see that you had made a purchase through the Apple Store, though?

My online account shows the transaction as pending, not charged (and for $0.00, as pending payments often show), but when I called a representative, they had no record of any transaction with the Apple Store this morning. Granted, it was only about 35 minutes after I ordered, but still..it showed on my account online, you'd think Chase would have been able to see it?

Either way, just concerned now that something didn't work quite right.

Nikos

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2008
New York
When you called Chase, did they see that you had made a purchase through the Apple Store, though?

My online account shows the transaction as pending, not charged (and for $0.00, as pending payments often show), but when I called a representative, they had no record of any transaction with the Apple Store this morning. Granted, it was only about 35 minutes after I ordered, but still..it showed on my account online, you'd think Chase would have been able to see it?

Either way, just concerned now that something didn't work quite right.

Nope, the last transaction they saw was one I made earlier in the day. I still don't have any charges or holds from Apple, not even for $0.00.

shechtmr

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2013
I have in store pick up set for mine as well...really hoping that its not a super long wait. Would be even better if pre-order for in store pick-up could go in at midnight!

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Nope, the last transaction they saw was one I made earlier in the day. I still don't have any charges or holds from Apple, not even for $0.00.

Ok..maybe this is more on the Apple-being-slammed side, and less on the Chase-has-screwed-up side?

Fingers crossed!

Qu3st

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2012
same here no debit from chase. Called apple and they said everything is good to go with the order, and i should be able to pick up on the 19th.

----------

on a side note... i will be picking up my phone in grand centeral apple store located in NYC.

vaultwit

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
I ordered via the Apple Store App and selected "In-Store Pick Up" but when I got the email confirmation, it says delivery. I made sure to correctly select the store pick up option, and it showed my correct mall and everything. Why does it say delivery? Anyone have the same issue?

Do you think we can switch it to in-store pick up by calling Apple or waiting for the "Order Status" page to start working again?

Qu3st

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2012
I ordered via the Apple Store App and selected "In-Store Pick Up" but when I got the email confirmation, it says delivery. I made sure to correctly select the store pick up option, and it showed my correct mall and everything. Why does it say delivery? Anyone have the same issue?

Do you think we can switch it to in-store pick up by calling Apple or waiting for the "Order Status" page to start working again?

call apple at 1800-676-2275 they verified the order for me and made sure its for pick up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.