Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sexydhane

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2014
hi good day i bought an iphone unlocking at www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk last april 1 2014 i think i was scammed. what can i do to bring my money back

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Contact your credit card company and file a dispute. That's about it, your options are limited.

Chalk it up to lessons learned.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
hi good day i bought an iphone unlocking at http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk last april 1 2014 i think i was scammed. what can i do to bring my money back

Do a search here. Tons of people have fallen under the same scam. There are posts about it on MR every few days.

Best bet, as maflynn said, is to file a dispute with your CC company, if you used a CC. If not, you're likely out of luck.

Lesson learned that a little more research will help you in the future.

ahmadi

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2014
OfficialIPhoneUnlock.co.uk is 100% scam confirmed

OfficialIPhoneUnlock.co.uk is 100% scam
i paid £69.99 to unlock iphone 4s from softbank after 2 week they told me that its black listed sinice it was my phone i knew its not black listed. they refund me with trade account amount of 69.99 then i orded another iphone 5 from softbank which is my phone and went to check my imei check to check its black listed showed clean so i went orderd with my trade account they the same **** black listed so they refund me agian i went to order another iphone 5 from softank japan after 20 daysago and today i got an email with the same **** black listed which is not. its my own iphone 5 is not black listed or anything you cantcome up with the same ******** three times . checked my imei http://www.imei.info/ showed clean i can tell you that officaliphone is 100% scam

this is what they said

iPhone marked as 'Blocked'
To speak with your personal account manager Please click here

Dear ,

The IMEI you gave us has been rejected by the carrier for unlocking due to being marked Blocked, this usually means it's a lost or stolen handset, but handsets can be blocked for any number of reasons including non-payment of bills, blacklisted, bad ESN and/or contract issues. We cannot supply a refund for handsets that come back as blocked - this is mentioned on the website before purchase.

As we have had to pay for the cost of accessing the carrier's unlocking server, we cannot unfortunately refund you. We draw your attention to the following sections from our terms and conditions below which are clearly displayed on our website also.

** WE CAN HOWEVER, DEPOSIT THESE FUNDS INTO YOUR TRADE ACCOUNT FOR USE AGAINST ANOTHER UNLOCK AS A GOODWILL GESTURE, PLEASE USE THE LINK ABOVE. **

Have an experience with OfficialiPhoneUnlock you'd like to share?
Leave a review at http://trustedreviews.eu/evaluate/www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk
Customer Responsibility
If customers intend to use a particular network after performing an unlock, they should first ensure that the handset they are unlocking has not been reported lost, stolen or abused in that country by entering the IMEI at http://www.checkmend.com/uk (for UK handsets) and http://www.checkmend.com/ (for US handsets) . Please be aware that if the handset is reported as lost or stolen, then it will only work outside the country it was barred in (as the networks share the lost and stolen database and will refuse service).

100% Money Back Guarantee
All of the products on our websites are covered by our 100% Money Back Guarantee. We provide such a guarantee to give honest customers the reassurance that the product they are ordering will be delivered in good faith and will be fit for purpose. In order to protect the legitimacy of this guarantee for all parties concerned, the guarantee itself is subject to the following terms:-

Guarantee does not apply where handset appears to be BLOCKED (Handsets are blocked if reported lost, stolen or abused).

Barred handsets
If a handset is reported lost or stolen (or abused), or have an outstanding balance, it may well be 'BLOCKED' (also known as 'Blocked' or 'Barred'), preventing it from ever being used again in that country on any of the major networks. It is not possible to find out if a 'SIM Locked' or 'SP Locked' handset has been 'Blacklisted' from any particular network or all major networks without first performing the 'unlock' procedure using our services. Therefore, if we undertake an unlock and you find out the phone is in fact logged as lost, stolen or abused, we cannot then refund your payment. We will undertake the job you request but cannot legally make a 'BLOCKED' handset work again. You need to contact the network in question and ask them to remove the block first.

Kind regards,

Stephanie

Win a new iPad Mini with Retina Display! See homepage for details
A division of Official iPhone Unlock Ltd
http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/officialiphoneunlock
+44 843 289 4084

all those happy customers you see are fake and the company is based in Caribbean

plus you can not leave negative comment because it will be removed as soon as you put on those trusted review site they show on their web site as i found out my self.
i will post this on the http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk
see if you can find this if not dont buy it you will lose your money like i did

Reactions: AlbeeGood

NP84

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2014
complete SCAM!

Hi,

unfortunately i have fallen for this scam too. I was taken in by the website and the limited research which i conducted.

I have asked for my credit card company to reverse the transaction but have today received an email from this company that they will blacklist the phone and will file a CCJ against me!

Is this possible? The last thing i want to do is get a CCJ over 20ish pounds.

would appreciate some advice from your experiences.

NP84

jotei66

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2014
Hi,

unfortunately i have fallen for this scam too. I was taken in by the website and the limited research which i conducted.

I have asked for my credit card company to reverse the transaction but have today received an email from this company that they will blacklist the phone and will file a CCJ against me!

Is this possible? The last thing i want to do is get a CCJ over 20ish pounds.

would appreciate some advice from your experiences.

NP84

Firstly, don't panic I can assure you they won't blacklist your handset as they didn't unlock it anyway. And the CCJ ? Total rubbish - this company has a very suspicious way they do business.
Take it from me, I have been duped by them in the past (just like you) - they threatened me to - nothing happened. I have reported this company to the UK Trading Standards, BBC Watchdog and as I am a member of the Consumer Action Group, highlighted my experience with them.
They also display a fake McAfee Secure seal, again McAfee have been informed. Personally, this "outfit" is nothing more than a fraudulent scam in my opinion. You did the right thing and requested a chargeback and you have absolutely nothing to worry about regarding repercussions from them. :)

avoidant

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2014
London
I can also confirm OfficialiPhoneUnlock is a SCAM!

Recently I ordered an iPhone 3Gs unlock following their quote which at £19.99 seemed reasonable enough, 24 hours later I had an email from them, lo and behold! this charge turned out to be the pre-order price! "To release the unlock for your device ... you will need to pay the remaining unlocking balance (as stated on the website before purchase) which is £79.99"!! That of course is a lie, it was never stated, but a legitimate company would have quoted £99.98 for the job and then charge you a down payment if necessary.
I have now contacted my credit card company to report the scam and will publicise my experience wherever I can on line.
Also after this I purchased an unlock from Ebay at £11.49 TOTAL

revilo76

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk still a scam

Yup. Was a scam, still is a scam, and I just got scammed. They ask you for a first payment, then a second payment to unlock, then a third one because the phone is "blocked". I could kick myself for being so stupid and forking out money twice. Anyway I will try to block the credit card charges.

Swolf

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2014
Here is a list of known scam websites:

apple-unlock.eu
apple-factory-unlocks.com
apple-iphone-unlock-free.com
cheapestiphoneunlock.com
easyiphoneunlock.net
easyunlocksolutions.net
easy-iphone-unlocker.com
easyra1n.com
factory-ios-unlock.co.uk
factory-iphone.ios-official.com
factory-unlock-iphone.com
iphoneunlockplus.com
iphone-unlockme.com
iphone-factory-unlock.co
iPhone-Unlock-Factory.co.uk
iphone-unlock-pro.com
iphone-unlocker-pro.com
iphone-instant-unlock.com
iphone.software-unlock.com
iphonelox.com
iphoneunlockeasily.com
iphoneunlocker.org.uk
iphoneunlockersoftware.com
iphoneunlockplus.com
i-unlocks.com
mrunlock.com
superunlockiphone.com
trusted-iphone-unlocker.com
ultimateiphoneunlocker.com
unlock-any-iphone-factory.com
unlock-apple-iphone.com
unlock-iphone-4s.com
unlockiphone3n4.com
unlockiphoneland.com
unlockaniphone.org
unlockeveryiphone.com
unlockiphonepro.com
unlockiphone.net
ziphone.org
You will never get an unlock from these websites, nor get your money back (despite claims to the contrary). You have been warned!:)

Hello, I just signed into this forum after waiting for my unlock Code over the last 5 days.

Are thier any real companies that can unlock an Att iphone 6? Or is this idea simply a false concept? Please don't reply if you are a newbie on this forum like me.

Thanks for opening my eyes.

TJEPP

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
Hello, I just signed into this forum after waiting for my unlock Code over the last 5 days.

Are thier any real companies that can unlock an Att iphone 6? Or is this idea simply a false concept? Please don't reply if you are a newbie on this forum like me.

Thanks for opening my eyes.

if you call ATT they will unlock your iPhone for you with little hassel as long as the contract is up

duffman9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2003
Deep in the Depths of CA
What about is your contract isn't complete?

Thanks

I recall a jailbreak on older phones to simulate an unlocked phone (use on any carrier). A true factory unlock is hard to find. I *heard* of companies doing this, but I've only tried through ATT. Since my contract was up or I renewed my contract the unlock goes through easily.

----------

What about is your contract isn't complete?

Thanks

You can pay the early termination fee also.

ifanme

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2014
macforums
Indeed the list provided is 100% correct and very helpful for others.

At start i had unlocked many of my iPhone 6 / 6+ in the very first week of launch from this forum: http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/f188/permanent-iphone-factory-unlock-service-171861/

At start it just took them 3 biz days but now i guess the time has raised and many of my new orders are still pending as the told me the time of completion is 7 / 10 biz days. They are reliable and offer full refund if order not done.

amorcito

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2010
i used iphoneunlockguys .. 48hrs... that included a weekend day! Quick!

Just a word of caution;

I was looking to unlock my iPhone and saw a website promoting those bastards. Had more then 500 comments saying it works. Went to officialiphoneunlock.co.uk and they had unlock available for my carrier (SoftBank Japan). Went for more information and I saw the Facebook page with more than 5k likes. I thought it was enough information to trust them.

WRONG! Later I realized practically ALL "happy customers" are dummy accounts. Even here this MoFo is promoting his services and creating those dummy accounts to defend his scam.
In his Facebook page, the same. A bunch of dummy accounts. Just check most of the replies saying "oh, I had to wait a week and was angry but later I got my device unlocked. You guys rock!". Yesterday I saw some angry woman complaining she waited more than 45 days and no response from them. Today there's no message (so they delete bad comments).

BEWARE, officialiphoneunlock.co.uk is a SCAM. Just check all those happy customer accounts and you'll realize it's all fakes.
Now he's promoting affiliation, offering earnings from 3k to 90k monthly! Guess what? A bunch of guys around the world are going to promote his service "as working as advertised" so they can make money. I don't doubt he might give a share for his scam but customers should now about it. That's why you'll see some not-dummy accounts, but they're not the majority.
Even here in this forum you'll see some accounts created just to say it works.

He is doing the same as Timothy Ferriss (author of 4 hour work week). Outsource a bunch of people to promote his services online dwarfing bad comments. That company has a registered VAT but it's like those "as seen on TV". They offer a product that don't work and just a few manage to get their money back.

kpwebster

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2014
Recently I ordered an iPhone 3Gs unlock following their quote which at £19.99 seemed reasonable enough, 24 hours later I had an email from them, lo and behold! this charge turned out to be the pre-order price! "To release the unlock for your device ... you will need to pay the remaining unlocking balance (as stated on the website before purchase) which is £79.99"!! That of course is a lie, it was never stated, but a legitimate company would have quoted £99.98 for the job and then charge you a down payment if necessary.
I have now contacted my credit card company to report the scam and will publicise my experience wherever I can on line.
Also after this I purchased an unlock from Ebay at £11.49 TOTAL

I've just gone through exactly the same process. I'm fuming.

So now how do I unlock my phone?

You say you purchased an unlock from eBay? How does that work then?

I just did a search for that and found this guy saying that anyone can unlock their phone for free. Is this true?

Then there are these ads that appear at the bottom of the page on this very thread, offering unlocks for £1.99. Are they also scams? If so, why are they allowed to advertise on this forum?

I really need to unlock my phone. Can anyone tell me the best way to do it, please? I'd be really grateful.

SimonGUK

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2014
Hi Guys

I've also just fallen for this scam and I'm cross with myself as I thought I'd done my homework and the site seemed genuine with good feedback on facebook and trusted reviews.

I needed to unlock an iPhone 4S and untered the IMIE code on the site and was told that the cost was £19.99. Having been ripped off before I made sure to read everything on the screen before, during and after payment and at no point was there any mention of additional costs.

However, I received an email today telling me that in order to unlock the phone I need to pay an additional £79.99.

I've contacted their support team and they emailed me a screenshot showing text at the order stange that clearly states the following;

"Please note there will be a final payment of around £80 upon completion of the unlock"

Fortunately I took screenshots of the entire order process and this message was not present.

However, if I now put the IMEI code back in on their site tis text DOES appear !
This made me suspicious so I entered the IMEI code from a spare phone on the site and this text definitely does NOT appear.

It appears that this company is covering it's tracks by only displaying the message about the additional cost after you have paid the initial £20 - Not very ethical behaviour at all :(

I have insisted on a refund and if it's not forthcoming I will be raising a complaint the trading standards etc.

kpwebster

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2014
Fortunately I took screenshots of the entire order process and this message was not present.

However, if I now put the IMEI code back in on their site tis text DOES appear !
This made me suspicious so I entered the IMEI code from a spare phone on the site and this text definitely does NOT appear.
Clever! I was sure I'd checked everywhere but then when I checked afterwards and saw that it was there, I assumed I'd been an idiot for not checking properly.

What incredibly evil cockwits they are.

In the end I just wrote off the £20. I was afraid that if I got my bank to take it back for me, the evil cockwits would ACTIVATION LOCK me.

I too will complain to Trading Standards.

----------

Actually, this looks like a good place to start:

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2008
California
No one uses Google before big purchases? The fact people post here bumping these and acting like this is news is mind blowing to me.

tshadowa

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2014
Dont use it.. TOTAL SCAM...

I paid initially 39 UK Pounds for "Brazil Oi" carrier unlock of iPhone 4s. Then I receieved an email requesting to re-place the purchase again and change the network to the correct network name which is "Latin America Service". But in their website under "Multiple Countries" there are only "EMEA Service" and "APAC Service", but no "Latin America Service".
I sent request on the status page and they said I have to pay 109 UK pounds more to have it unlocked .
I requested my money back, they never answered any more.
I called them few times, and you just got in queue (hold music), longest time was 35 minutes and I droped the call.

https://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk/ => DON"T USE IT ... SCAM

costafly

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2014
iphoneunlock.uk scam

iphoneunlock.uk is a real scam!!!!!dont unlock any phone with them...i payed more then 130 euros six month's ago and the continue to write to me that tomorrow tomorrow they will unlock my iphone 5s with the jappaneas operator soft banck..At the end i have bean refunded by visa credit card after i opened a contest with them....and also the reports the subscribe are fake!!!!

costafly

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2014
iphoneunlock.uk scam

i payed with visa because the don't use paywall because the will have to refund every body

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
iphoneunlock.uk is a real scam!!!!!dont unlock any phone with them...i payed more then 130 euros six month's ago and the continue to write to me that tomorrow tomorrow they will unlock my iphone 5s with the jappaneas operator soft banck..At the end i have bean refunded by visa credit card after i opened a contest with them....and also the reports the subscribe are fake!!!!

You paid 130 EUR to unlock a 5S? Jeez... it amazes me how many people on here buy contract phones to get a meager savings on the up front cost of the phone, then are willing to deal with these hefty outlay of money to unlock it.

It's threads like this as example of why I always buy my phones from the Apple store at full price. Sure it costs more up front, but then I don't have the stress or hassle of trying to get it unlocked, and being factory unlocked I almost always get my money back on resale value. But hey, the US carriers rolled out the equipment purchase plans because so many Americans want something they can't truly afford, so I guess it goes with the territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.