Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
iPhone plus is in higher demand anyway. It will be EASY to trade it to someone who wasn't able to get one and pocket a hundred bucks or so.

You don't know that. All you know is that it sold out first. It could have been 1,000 units for all you know.

Kealohilani

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
Bought 2 of them. No remorse whatsoever. And my husband is thrilled that I finally won't be able to talk about how old his phone is (he is still using a 4).

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I'm sure most people here have seen or held a Galaxy Note at some point, so they know what they are getting themselves in to. I'm sure the majority will be fine.

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
Anyone nervous the phone might be too big? Thinking of canceling and getting the 4.7" earlier? Are we crazy for buying a mini iPad mini and trying to hold it to our heads to use as a phone?

I used to think that way, but I have quite a few friends that have the Note and every single one of them loves it. Many of them started out thinking it was redonculously huge, but after they used it for a short while, they got used to it.

I think the same will happen to the rest of us.

G-Ziss

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
It's kind of funny though, people laugh at how big cell phones were in the 80s, but now they want big phones. And at the rate things are going, they will soon be just as big as the phones in the 80s.

stuffradio

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009
I don't know how you can have buyers remorse when you haven't received it, and it isn't launched to the public yet.

fad1

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I am kinda feeling like that as well but when I was using my friends Note 3, I became quite comfortable with the idea of the iPhone 6+. Again, if you don't like it, you can always return it to Apple and pick up the 4.7 :)

Jamesesesesess

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2011
You should've used the template that's going around to make a cardboard cutout and test it for yourself. It was crazy large for the first minute but then I fell in love :p it's the perfect size for me.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
It's way too BIG.

You should really cancel your order.

(That way I can get my 6+ sooner. :D:D:cool:)

:apple:

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
Do you have to pay a restocking fee when exchanging a phone? Or is it only for returns?

justin216

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2004
Tampa, FL
It's kind of funny though, people laugh at how big cell phones were in the 80s, but now they want big phones. And at the rate things are going, they will soon be just as big as the phones in the 80s.

I'm not sure anyone really wants the Gordon Gekko special, but we are in an interesting place for sure.

I think it's just the convergence of small tablet and phone. Lots of people don't actually talk much on the phone anymore, it's text, pictures, or video, so the larger canvas is desired in many cases.

I'm kind of in that boat -- I do a lot of email and remote IT work, and a larger canvas, while still pocketable, is a great advantage. For me, a 4" iPhone 5s has kind of been a pain to use for work as needs change and grow.

----------

Do you have to pay a restocking fee when exchanging a phone? Or is it only for returns?

Depends on the carrier/store/personnel, as they can make exceptions and have different policies and such.

I think if you just do an exchange or return as a "change of heart", at least at Verizon, they charge a small restocking fee. Did it a few months ago, don't remember exactly what the fee amounted to. If the product is defective, they waive it as long as they're able to reproduce/document the defect.

G-Ziss

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
You can't have buyers remorse about something you didn't buy yet. All you did was reserve one, so you can always cancel it.

LostMyiPhone

macrumors 6502
Dec 19, 2012
it's cooler today in my neck of the woods (not quite 60) and as I slide my iPhone 5 into my jeans (that I haven't worn in months) pocket, I have ZERO regret ha!

Sonmi451

Suspended
Aug 28, 2014
Tesla
You don't know that. All you know is that it sold out first. It could have been 1,000 units for all you know.

It's in higher demand relative to units available, so yes, I do know that. 6 was still available this morning. 6 Plus is sold out.

tb12

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2014
I'm surprised that most of you are unsure about the size. Don't any of you know someone with a Galaxy Note, or tried one at a local store? :confused:

smokechaser

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2011
Kansas City
Exactly! I don't know why some people are comparing the 6 Plus to an iPad mini.

----------------

For those who preordered a 6 Plus, you have no reason to feel remorse, I mean you still haven't received it yet. I am not trying to justify a purchase I made here as I did not order an iPhone 6 Plus but I'm just trying to be reasonable here. However, I have tried a Note 3 and it has the exact same dimensions as the 6 Plus, you guys have nothing to worry about.

WOW. Its like carrying an ipad mini in your pocket. I could never do it.

Djentleman

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2012
UK
Not one bit of remorse about the size. I haven't been waiting this long for a phone this size to suddenly regret it before grappling with it. Worst-case scenario? It takes 2 weeks to fully adjust to the size jump. You having anything long enough, you'll get used to it.

I am, however, a little paranoid about my colour choice. Ordered silver but I'm getting this nagging feeling I should have gone for Space Grey. Oh well. Two weeks at most....

techspin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014
You should've used the template that's going around to make a cardboard cutout and test it for yourself. It was crazy large for the first minute but then I fell in love :p it's the perfect size for me.

Did you remember to add a camera ring to your cardboard cutout? :D Yes OP, it's gonna be huge. Don't be surprised if Fedex Home Delivery has to come by to deliver that beast to you!

smokechaser

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2011
Kansas City
Not one bit of remorse about the size. I haven't been waiting this long for a phone this size to suddenly regret it before grappling with it. Worst-case scenario? It takes 2 weeks to fully adjust to the size jump. You having anything long enough, you'll get used to it.

I am, however, a little paranoid about my colour choice. Ordered silver but I'm getting this nagging feeling I should have gone for Space Grey. Oh well. Two weeks at most....

Don't worry. When you get it you will return it for a real phone....The 6.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
I'm perfectly happy I ordered the 6 Plus Space Gray 64GB. No regrets on size. Thank heavens I listen to myself rather than people on this forum. Some people hated on the 10" iPad saying the mini was the best bet. I bought the 10" iPad and love it and I will love the 5.5" iPhone 6. :)

sobucky

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
It's in higher demand relative to units available, so yes, I do know that. 6 was still available this morning. 6 Plus is sold out.

Same situation as the gold 5s last year, everyone said it won't be a hit... But the demand was so large that it was very hard to find one for months..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.