Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnsonroda27

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2011
thisn is why i didnt want to order from att

Your Apple iPhone 6 Plus (128GB Gold) has been reserved and will ship within 14 - 21 business days.‡

----------

anyone gonna attempt in store pickup ?

----------

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2009
yea im trying to hold off on att..

Ordered through the ATT premier site. They're wireless page is getting slammed now though.

----------

thisn is why i didnt want to order from att

Your Apple iPhone 6 Plus (128GB Gold) has been reserved and will ship within 14 - 21 business days.‡

----------

----------

First off don't believe thats a guarantee. I know plenty of people in the past that got the same message and had their phones on THE day.

missmituna

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
Has anyone seen it on T-Mobile's website yet? Their system is getting completely hammered and it isn't visible on their site.

I'm hoping I didn't stay up for nothing.

----------

Has anyone seen it on T-Mobile's website yet? Their system is getting completely hammered and it isn't visible on their site.

Update: T-Mobile did not open pre-ordering at 12:01AM PST as reported by several news outlets.

I finally got into their smashed ordering system only to find no iPhone 6 or 6 Plus were listed in the system.

Maybe it isn't news, but its disappointing to me.

USAgentX

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
Order didn't have a date

My order just said: We process all orders on a first-come, first-served basis1. Your order is estimated to ship on or about 2. Please allow 7 to 10 business days after that for delivery. When your order ships, we'll email you the tracking number so you can follow its delivery online.

Should I be worried there is no date, I only have a weborder ID and can't confirm it on the site. Says it may take 24 hours to confirm.

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013

----------

Update: T-Mobile did not open pre-ordering at 12:01AM PST as reported by several news outlets.

I finally got into their smashed ordering system only to find no iPhone 6 or 6 Plus were listed in the system.

Maybe it isn't news, but its disappointing to me.

Is this still the link to their page?

https://explore.t-mobile.com/iphone-6?AID=11031750&PID=3160356&SID=9kq3m8gyvwxg

missmituna

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013
I spoke to a customer care rep last night and she said that the orders would open at 12 AM Pacific time..

missmituna

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
I spoke to a customer care rep last night and she said that the orders would open at 12 AM Pacific time..

I have a feeling that maybe people at T-Mobile were misinformed, as we should have all received an e-mail with the preorder time.

Unless someone comes forward with the email I mysteriously didn't get despite signing up for pre-order as soon as that page came online, I'm going to assume that this was a misunderstanding and lack of information on T-Mobile's part.

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2009
My order just said: We process all orders on a first-come, first-served basis1. Your order is estimated to ship on or about 2. Please allow 7 to 10 business days after that for delivery. When your order ships, we'll email you the tracking number so you can follow its delivery online.

Should I be worried there is no date, I only have a weborder ID and can't confirm it on the site. Says it may take 24 hours to confirm.

Same here! Don't worry about it. When I placed the order on the order page it said it was estimated to ship the 19th which means it'll arrive the same day. This happened to me before and I got the phone the same day. What bugs me is not getting that instant confirmation email but it'll come. If I remember right when I got the iPhone 5 it was the same way. I didn't get a confirmation email till the next day, maybe even later and I couldn't check the order status because it wasn't showing up. They're just getting slammed and will sort it out as they can. You'll be fine!!

WhiteHawk

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
UK is up, ordered mine, a Space Grey 128GB iPhone 6 smallish :) and black leather case.

Last edited:

AverageGal

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2014
Well, that only took 53 minutes through Verizon's website and 2 online chat's that were disconnected. I even called in and waited on hold for over 30 minutes before my order finally went through and I could hang up before anyone answered.

I kept getting the same error code. On one chat session he told me to clear my cookies, which I did, but got the same error message several more times before it finally started working. I don't know if it was a coincidence, or if it helped.

Anyway, one 4.7" 64G Space Gray reserved for me. I hope I love it.

Now, sleep.

jimthing

macrumors 68000
Apr 6, 2011
UK is up, ordered mine, a Space Grey 128GB iPhone 6 smallish :) and black leather case.

UK defo up around 8.30am, so managed to order an iPhone 6 Plus/Gold/128GB for 19.Sep delivery!

Just checked though, and it'd already changed (within about 10 mins!) to "3-4 weeks" on almost every model, so I was lucky.

...VERY lucky in fact, as I had my CC expire detail entered wrongly (taken from an app I use to save the details; obviously I entered them wrongly in it originally! :rolleyes:) so had to run downstairs fullspeed to pull the card from my wallet to realise it was wrong and correct it, yikes!

OK now though, haha. :)

tomhall

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2013
London, UK
Ordered a 64GB iPhone 6 from the Australian Apple Store just now, delivery next Friday. iOS apps completely failed on me, had to use the website.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Ordered a 64GB iPhone 6 from the Australian Apple Store just now, delivery next Friday. iOS apps completely failed on me, had to use the website.

Odd. Most of us in the US had the opposite problem. The website didn't come until around 2:45am PDT, but the app was working just fine.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Ok, so I've spoken with both Apple (4 different people) and T-Mobile.

For us that are not from US, can't order any iPhone in US from the sale start (19th) because it will be locked to T-Mobile and you have to wait 40 days with an activated and sim card.

What did you wind up doing? The good news is that if you are looking for an iPhone 6 and not a Plus, you should find plenty of stock in Apple Stores when you are stateside next weekend. It looks like they ordered a lot in anticipation of big demand and got it right, at least for the iPhone 6. It was like that for the iPad 4, as I recall.

Just get a Verizon version full price from the Apple Store. If they don't have that, then get an AT&T or T-Mobile version "device only." Don't ask for "unlocked," as they'll tell you they don't have any.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.