Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cobbler82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
hello guys just got my macbook retina display and wanted to install windows 7.

Not a total newbie, I have an imac and a macmini and have managed to install on both windows, but both of them have a cd player and my retina doesn't.

I tried to create the iso on my imac and that went fine. I put that on a usb stick and moved it to the macbook retina but bootcamp would not detect the windows installation disc....why?

Question: after that i have created the iso and moved that to the usb stick - should I go to the macbook with that iso on the usb stick and load the drivers from bootcamp pn the very same usb pen?
Would it then be a bootable and functioning usb pen?

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
Use the optical drive on your Mac or Mini to make an ISO of the Windows installation disc and then copy that ISO on to your MacBook. Don't try booting with it.
Then run Bootcamp on the MacBook and let it create a bootable Windows USB installer using that ISO as the source disc.
Also check the box to download the latest Bootcamp drivers and they'll automatically be put on that same USB installer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.