Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chazz08

Cancelled
Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
I just updated it this morning, and now my Apple TV won't see my Home Videos, just my movies I've purchased. Anyone else experience this problem?

Chazz08

Cancelled
Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
I figured out what to do if anyone else is having the same problem. You now have to go to your home videos in iTunes and edit the videos. You go to options and then select "Movies" instead of "Home Videos". Never knew you could do that, but now I do! Hope that helps anyone that might need it.

jubbuda

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2014
iTunes 12 update issue

having the same issue where Home Videos are gone from my ipad (running ios8 Gold master).. I've tried changing the files in iTunes library from Home Videso to Videos, but they still won't sync across...tried close/re-open of itunes, re-start of ipad...etc...

Anyone else figure a way around this?

thx in advance
jubbuda

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
iTunes 12 is still a beta right? Could be the issue.... Apple released it for developers to update their iOS devices to iOS 8 as the current version was giving errors.

jubbuda

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2014
iTunes 12 update issue

Yes, it is in Beta still....running iOS8 with it the 12 beta iTunes....just wondering if any others having the same issue and/or had a fix yet

Chazz08

Cancelled
Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
My second post said how to fix it. hahaha. I'll post again. You select what home videos you want to show up in your movies on Apple TV. You right click and then click get info. From there you go to options and change the media kind to movies. They will move to your movies category and will show up on Apple TV again.

----------

Yes, it is in Beta still....running iOS8 with it the 12 beta iTunes....just wondering if any others having the same issue and/or had a fix yet

Check my last post. (Just so you see the notification.)

----------

Yes after the update the Home Videos is gone from the AppleTV. Anyone know if there is a way to change the settings on "automatically add to iTunes" folder?

Check my last post. (Just so you see the notification.)

jubbuda

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2014
Home videos gone

Chazz08, thx, I saw your post and edited the file to move them to "Movies", but even after saving and syncing, the files aren't showing up on my iPad. This is on an iPad mini running ios8 with iTunes12Beta.....not on an AppleTV though

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.