Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bauer-uTc

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
I love my iPhones and like the case to be as minimalist as possible. On my iPhone 5 & 5s i purchased the Spigen Neo Hybrid EX Slim both times in Revention Yellow. Now the big draw to this case for me was that it was a bumper and that it came supplied with front and rear screen protectors.

I have my phone on me at all times at work and the phone can take some abuse but when it came time to sell my iPhone 5 when i upgraded to the 5s the phone was still like new once the front and rear screen protectors were taken off. Even the Spigen case was still in good condition.

The thing is that the Hybrid case which is basically a bumper style case is one of there most expensive cases which Spigen sell which is fine as you were getting all round protection with the supplied screen protectors. I just cant understand why for the 6 & the 6 Plus that they are not supplying the front and rear screen protectors with the case? There is no way that i would have a bumper on my phone without the screen protector and also the back protector as the phone would be marked within one day!

Yes i am sure company's will sell them down the line like Otterbox, That then means i am forking out twice as much. I really hope i am not alone with my thinking on this one?

I just hope Spigen notice that these don't sell well then do the right thing and supply at the very minimum the back adhesive protector with there lovely case.

I have not bought one so far because of this and have gone with there cheap capsule case and one of there Neo Hybrid cases in Revention Yellow along with a three pack of there screen protectors.

Heck even the Neo Hybrid i would have preferred if it was the same back design as the 5/5s where it was smooth as i think alot of dust / pocket fallout is going to get stuck in the small square designs on the 6 and 6 plus equivalent.

Love you products Spigen but Please start selling the rear protectors with your Neo Hybrid Ex bumper!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.