Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

traveyb

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2014
The Sonnet Echo Expresscard Pro + PE4L 2.1b is a 4Gbps (after overhead) Thunderbolt-to-expresscard solution that costs > US$230. This solution was the best value a number of months ago but isn't any longer.

Now there is a new Firmtek Thundertek 10Gbps enclosure available for US$199. So you can get more than double the bandwidth for lower cost. Only negative is a pcie riser is needed to extend the x4 slot to a x16 slot. Details at http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-...sonnet-echo-express-iii-d-win8.html#post91184

Thanks for the advice nando4, I think I will upgrade to either the Firmtek or the full Sonet chassis in a few months/wait until more TB3 details have been announced.
I think I will aim to use a mini-ATX chassis and stuff everything inside that

VanneDC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Crap, that took a while... Finally found the answer to late 2011 MacBook Pro not being able to install uefi win8.1.. Reset NVRam.. Don't forget that one. ; D

Motawa

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2012
I recommend getting a good wifi card for the pc (or ethernet on macbook and pc) and use steam home sharing. There is almost no lag and you can even stay on osx.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.