Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nerdAFK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2014
Just sorted out some history got the conclusion we are gonna get some noticeable improvement in battery life for the first time for a long time.

iPhone 6: 10-20% increase
iPhone 6 Plus: 30-50% increase

My choice is iPhone 6 Plus Space Grey 64G, the battery increase is definitely a major aspect.

:apple:

Standby.jpg

Audio.jpg

iPhone Battery Life Evolution.jpg

iPhone Battery Life Evolution.png

Last edited:

UKapple73

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2014
Interesting. IMO this is the main reason people are opting for the plus, it has significant battery life upgrade over 5s, whereas the 6 doesn't really. Even if they are slightly worried about the vast jump in size, the battery has long been an issue and 50% more is welcome!!

nerdAFK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2014
Interesting. IMO this is the main reason people are opting for the plus, it has significant battery life upgrade over 5s, whereas the 6 doesn't really. Even if they are slightly worried about the vast jump in size, the battery has long been an issue and 50% more is welcome!!

Charging every two nights is not a dream anymore!

UKapple73

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2014
To be fair I get by with the life on the 5s, as I charge in the 40 minute car journey to/from work! But the increase will be great for weekends

----------

It will also be interesting to see how long it takes to charge the new bigger battery in the plus. Hope it's not 4 hours or something!

metsjetsfan

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2011
need to take all those #s and divide by 2.

to be fair ipad and macbooks numbers are very accurate and sometimes exceed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.