Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

polocanada

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2009
Trying to create Automator app to delete Dropbox Cache folders. I could use Apple script but the task seems simple so I decided to go with Automator for the first time. I have 2 issues:

1. The confirmation dialogue doesn't show up
2. If I disable the first step, the app still doesn't run
3. Checking the Activity Monitor shows the app is not responding (force-quit and starting app again is the same result)

It's worth the note the folders I am trying to delete are ".dropbox.cache" hidden folders. They grow in size, every time couple of GB and occupying space in Dropbox. There doesn't seem to be a solution to this issue so I thought creating a small Automator app would make my life easier.

Any advice should be good advice, except if you tell me to read the 100 page Automator manual ;)

Screenshots:
Dbx_Delete1.png

Dbx_Delete2.png

Dbx_Delete4.png

------

polocanada

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2009
Bump...

Both of the folders ".dropbox.cache" folders are hidden and they grow in size to several GB over time. That's the reason I'd like to automatically delete them periodically when not synchronizing or manually using the automator workflow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.