Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rocketman

macrumors 603
When you hear of the sheer number of sea containers Apple dispatches before these events being in the hundreds, one wonders how many Fedex Plane sorties they hog. Given the plane lower capacity weight and volume wise, I suspect also hundreds!

I think one Fedex Package is expensive!

Rocketman

Apple Corps

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2003
California
Which "long term" are you talking about? I made my first stock purchase about ten years ago. I feel quite well rewarded. My highest cost basis is ~$45 (split-adjusted, now up %100). And that was some time in 2011-2012. Again, I feel well rewarded. Would you like to sell today? "A fool and his money..."

Well demodave, the "great pipeline" has opened up, the iWatch has been announced, the iPhone upgrades are now shipping, and the stock price has done virtually nothing. Talking head analysts have put price targets on AAPL as high as $130 - but here we sit at the same level as two years ago.

So what is your optimism based on? A fool and his money are soon parted - wow, very novel quote. Sitting on things for too long (head in the sand) is also foolish and costs you returns. Every day that goes by without the stock growth reduces our ROI.

I suspect that Apple will announce monster revenues and earnings in mid January. Will that move the needle? Gambling for another 4 months (in addition to the two years since September 2012).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.