Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
They are being very generous with the Moto X .... Battery life and camera seem to be very weak point for an otherwise excellent device.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
They are being very generous with the Moto X .... Battery life and camera seem to be very weak point for an otherwise excellent device.
Don't worry I'm sure when they review the new iPhones they will declare them as the 8th wonder of the world and the balance of the universe will be restored. .

kevinof

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
Dublin/London
Camera doesn't look too bad. Worry about the battery though. I really really really want this to be a winner. So wanted it to be my next phone.

Maybe the nexus 6 will be great.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Just wish they hadn't gone so much bigger than the original moto x. A 1080p 4.7" screen on a slimmer / less tall phone would have made it perfect replacement for my Moto X current (best daily driver I've used this year)....

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Don't worry I'm sure when they review the new iPhones they will declare them as the 8th wonder of the world and the balance of the universe will be restored. .

They don't have to compare those device ....
iPhone 6 and Moto X are playing in different leagues (iOS and android).

pedromcm.pm

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2014
Porto, Portugal
Interesting the verge (known for it's bias for Apple iPhones) gave the Moto X as good as a review as the best iPhones it has reviewed:

http://www.theverge.com/reviews/search?utf8=✓&q=moto+x

I really like the touchless voice control, it should definitely be a hallmark feature of all phones.

The Verge is know for its bias? Says who? The same people that mention iCnet, iAnandtech, iArs, Mossberg is a shill, NYT and WSJ are on Apple's pocket? There goes your credibility out of the water.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Moto X is fantastic, I think. Really a fantastic device and the only no-iphone Android device the regular Joe should consider.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Camera doesn't look too bad. Worry about the battery though. I really really really want this to be a winner. So wanted it to be my next phone.

Maybe the nexus 6 will be great.

Camera doesn't look too bad, but not even close to the best in that category.
If rumors are true, the nexus 6 could be based on Moto X .... At 399€ it will be a good deal

kevinof

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
Dublin/London
Agreed 100%. Moto what were you thinking? I heard they surveyed their customers of the original X and the majority of feedback was... bigger phone please.

Just wish they hadn't gone so much bigger than the original moto x. A 1080p 4.7" screen on a slimmer / less tall phone would have made it perfect replacement for my Moto X current (best daily driver I've used this year)....

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2008
Aren't they the ones who said the Note was "Beastly" but the 6 plus wasn't too bad?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Agreed 100%. Moto what were you thinking? I heard they surveyed their customers of the original X and the majority of feedback was... bigger phone please.

Yeah agreed ... At least our current moto x's get all the software and promised update to L so we can least take solace in that :)

khha4113

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2013
Because, compared with other phones, They actually are the wonder of the world. If you don't like it that's your problem.

Have you used it? AFAIK, it's not on sale yet! Without using it and proclaiming it's "wonder of the world" is kind of a blindly fanboy, isn't it?

Last edited:

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
They gave good scores to the Moto X last year. David Pierce seems to hate Samsung plastic, but loves HTC's premium design and Motorola's software features. I stopped bothering with their opinions once I read the glowing reviews for Godzilla (2014). It seems they can't even get it right with movies too. The Verge became like what happened to PhoneDog with Noah Kravitz or Jon Rettinger of TechnoBuffalo. I stopped caring for their opinions.

I only keep The Verge for actual news feeds. Josh Topolsky was the best there. PocketNow's Michael Fisher is one of the better reviewers out there with great comparison videos.

sk1wbw

Suspended
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
Interesting the verge (known for it's bias for Apple iPhones) gave the Moto X as good as a review as the best iPhones it has reviewed:

http://www.theverge.com/reviews/search?utf8=✓&q=moto+x

I really like the touchless voice control, it should definitely be a hallmark feature of all phones.

The Verge doesn't have a bias towards iPhones. Granted, they run articles about the iPhone, as well as every other brand out there, but that doesn't mean they have a bias towards the iPhone.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
The Verge doesn't have a bias towards iPhones. Granted, they run articles about the iPhone, as well as every other brand out there, but that doesn't mean they have a bias towards the iPhone.

If you look only at some of the reviews, it can seem like they tend to skew towards the iPhone. However, if you ever listened to their podcasts, it's pretty evident that they don't--they take Apple to task all the time, especially Josh T.

They put out their first podcast in a while this past week to cover the Apple event and they were very critical of Apple in many areas, most specifically regarding the Apple Watch.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012

I agree. It is the only flagship that is not a beast in size.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.