Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
No just read from bloggers hands on.

I'll have to look up some reviews. I was hoping the software would know when you didn't mean to interact with the screen like the ipads have.

edit: Reading some reviews and so far they don't have any issues with no bezels. Really cool phone and a very good example of a company not resting on its laurels. It's only $240 no contract wow, but on Sprint bleh.

"Traversing through the software, I purposefully tried to make accidental touches around the edges to see if the absence of bezel caused usability problems. It never happened once. "
http://gizmodo.com/sharp-aquos-crystal-hands-on-no-bezel-all-beauty-1624111177

This is a REALLY cool phone. It has middle of the line hardware but I think we all realize that increasing PPI and cpu's have very little relative value these days. Having a bezel-less phone with no hole for the earpiece, instead the screen vibrates to transmit sound, that's innovation to me. I would kind of expect that kind of stuff out of Apple.

Last edited:

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Sadly you are not wrong, the iPhone 6+ is not only taler and wider, and it's havier, but hey it's thinner (if you get rid of the camera).

And IOS 8.....

Do you hold your phone by the camera?

Yup, both the Galaxy S5 and Note 3/4 have camera's that are nice and flush with the back panel.

So you've been using the iOS 8 betas for the past few months or weeks. Please share your first hand experiences on how well iOS 8 works :rolleyes:

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Do you hold your phone by the camera?

Yup, both the Galaxy S5 and Note 3/4 have camera's that are nice and flush with the back panel.

So you've been using the iOS 8 betas for the past few months or weeks. Please share your first hand experiences on how well iOS 8 works :rolleyes:

Flawless victory.

Since iPhone 6 was announced, I'm reading something of the craziest nonsense on this forum that beats all prior launches.

Like the whole notion of what it means for something to be bigger than something else.

kevinof

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
Dublin/London
Is the Iphone Longer? yes
Is the iphone wider? yes
Is the iphone heavier? yes

It's like saying that House A has a 100 x 50 foot garden but house b garden although only 75 foot by 50 is actually bigger because the sky is higher.

Please.

It's not bigger. The Oppo is actually dramatically bigger.

The OPO is 103285.479mm of volume

The iPhone 6+ is 87331.278mm of volume.

There is no question that the OPO is bigger.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Is the Iphone Longer? yes
Is the iphone wider? yes
Is the iphone heavier? yes

It's like saying that House A has a 100 x 50 foot garden but house b garden although only 75 foot by 50 is actually bigger because the sky is higher.

Please.

When is the last time you put a house in your pocket?

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012

LOL you serious :rolleyes:

Most real people outside of the laboratory, look at a phone being bigger, if it's wider, and taller, and heavier, NOT by volume measured.

And yes the iPhone 6 Plus is wider, and taller and heavier than the 1+ 1, thus the One will feel better and easier to use in hand.

TheHateMachine

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2012
LOL you serious :rolleyes:

Most real people outside of the laboratory, look at a phone being bigger, if it's wider, and taller, and heavier, NOT by volume measured.

And yes the iPhone 6 Plus is wider, and taller and heavier than the 1+ 1, thus the One will feel better and easier to use in hand.

Tig Bitties certainly must know a thing or two about volume, size and how big things are! :p

jamezr

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
US

How is it bigger? Pictures don't lie..... Look at the size and weight dimensions.

LgXSEzw.png

kZ3iq72l.png

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012

Then they should learn what bigger means.

And yes the iPhone 6 Plus is wider, and taller and heavier than the 1+ 1, thus the One will feel better and easier to use in hand

Get back to me when you've actually used an iPhone 6+

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
I know the ApplePay isnt anything innovative at all but I know that stores nationwide will trip over themselves to get into bed with Apple and actually make this new technology work.

Yes it is out there now but nowhere near the adoption rates we will see once Apple gets on bored.

For me that was a huge seller with how much I travel and I love the features for online and in person paying options.

Yup, I'm glad Apple finally implemented this. It benefits all NFC users regardless of device.

KillaMac

Suspended
May 25, 2013
Unfortunately MCX is doing everything they can to crush NFC based pay solutions and even after this announcement some of their partner big box stores are pulling out of conforming to any NFC style system. Some of the partner's Apple and Google listed on their programs are actually part of MCX now and I fear they will probably ditch soon with pressure from the group or better deals.

The bad thing is that these stores have the hardware, CVS for example has NFC readers but when I tried to use them they did not work. This is because MCX is having that portion of the POS system disabled. Best buy (Another MCX Partner) had NFC readers in my area since 2011 but they have been disabled with "cost prohibitive" being cited as the reason they got turned off. I just don't buy that...

http://www.fierceretail.com/retailit/story/best-buy-7-eleven-disable-nfc/2014-03-26

http://www.computerworld.com/articl...rning-off-nfc-and-smartcard-payment-tech.html

Maybe Apple will push it the other way, maybe not as it seems Walmart has backed out according to recent reports.

I would like to be able to use Google Wallet more than I already do, however I have a feeling it will just get worse.

Just to clarify, it's not a maybe, but Apple will push NFC to be adopted. Anything they come out with gets adopted and no one has ever stopped them. And now that NFC will get popular, I am sure best buy and others will pick it up again.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
Just to clarify, it's not a maybe, but Apple will push NFC to be adopted. Anything they come out with gets adopted and no one has ever stopped them. And now that NFC will get popular, I am sure best buy and others will pick it up again.

FireWire and thunderbolt would say different.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
FireWire and thunderbolt would say different.

You're not wrong but I wouldn't call it an even comparison. Apple implemented those connectivity options on their Macs, which have a much, much lower market penetration than the iPhone does in the mobile industry.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Funny how negative Apple articles are always dismissed as 'click bait' on here... regardless of who wrote it and what it actually says.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
The 6+ is embarrassingly big. I don't know that Apple's heart was in making a phablet. I think they did it because they felt they had to for competitive reasons. I'm sure it will sell well in Asia but I think Apple's focus has been else where and these phones didn't get much attention outside of slapping a bigger screen on them.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
The 6+ is embarrassingly big. I don't know that Apple's heart was in making a phablet. I think they did it because they felt they had to for competitive reasons. I'm sure it will sell well in Asia but I think Apple's focus has been else where and these phones didn't get much attention outside of slapping a bigger screen on them.

Next year there will be a lot of people with a 6+ tucked away somewhere with a Watch on their wrist, and Wired will be writing about how awesome and liberating it is that this tech was created by Apple.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Next year there will be a lot of people with a 6+ tucked away somewhere with a Watch on their wrist, and Wired will be writing about how awesome and liberating it is that this tech was created by Apple.

Probably. Maybe that's the point of the watch...now that the phones are so big use your watch to do things so you don't have to pull out your big-*** phone all the time.

TheHateMachine

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2012

I think you are underestimating how much clout this MCX group has. On top of that, these retailers are getting deals set in place to make processing payments through their own proprietary system cheaper. They may lose a few customers from die hard Apple fans, but the majority of people who shop at physical big box stores and grocers in America are just going to continue to pay by card, cash or use the in house programs regardless of if the NFC terminal is disabled or not.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
At some point, it all must just stop right ?

How much popular can you become ... ??

We've dived with the success of the first iPhone, iPad's but now what ?

I think now days its probably just adding features around a better OS that keeps it all on top and the added hardware to an existing but now updated device..

What more can you actually do to be a game changer like the iPhone was ?

The Apple watch ? That an accessory, not a big change since you need an iPhone for storage, or sync to. Its not like u can sync directly to the cloud to/from your Apple Watch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.