Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which colour have you pre-ordered?

• Space Gray

Votes: 79 52.3%
  • Silver

Votes: 43 28.5%
  • Gold

Votes: 29 19.2%

• Total voters

Quu

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
So which colours did you guys buy? There was a poll over at /r/apple on reddit

I'm curious if the macrumors.com crowd have the same aversion to the gold as reddit does.

Here are the results of the reddit poll: https://i.imgur.com/iKjLufi.jpg

For those that can't view the image right now:

Space Gray: 69% (1,576)
Silver: 19% (428)
Gold: 13% (300)
--------
Total Voters: 2304

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I've preordered a 128GB iPhone 6 Plus in white/silver just like my iPhone 5S which it is I replacing and to match my iPad Air. I don't like the white/gold or black/space grey options.

----------

I bought a grey, but I'm not a fan of any of the stock colours.

My 6 will be going here, and anodized to a custom colour, maybe red.

Those in the US can do it here.

That's pretty cool. My only concern with that would be it would reduce the resell value and may even affect the warranty.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
Gold is the best color for iPhone 6 but I bought silver anyway to match my iPad Air.

Quu

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Interesting, looks like the poll here is the same as on reddit. I honestly though the split between the models (before I saw these polls) would be 33.3% but it seems the black is overwhelmingly the most popular.

iScone

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
That's pretty cool. My only concern with that would be it would reduce the resell value and may even affect the warranty.

Yes it does impact the warranty, but the resale value goes through the roof. I sold my 5 for significantly more than I bought it for.

/dev/toaster

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2006
San Francisco, CA
I ended up with gold. I hate the space grey so that is never an option. I almost got silver because I wasn't a huge fan of the gold this year. I think the iPhone 5s gold was the best.

I am just hoping the in person look of the gold is better than on the website. Because thats more or less what happened the first time gold was introduced. It looks far better in person.

noiceT

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Catalina Wine Mixer
Silver for the first time ever.
Space grey looks too light for me this time. On the 5s it had the extra black top and bottom areas to add contrast which made it look good.

The black 5 was the best looking black phone. Too bad the anodized aluminum was too problematic to scratches.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
I would get the silver if I were going for it. I'm still playing with the idea, and which approach to take since I have a 5C on contract that's only half over... so I'm not voting in the poll as of right now.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
I bought a grey, but I'm not a fan of any of the stock colours.

My 6 will be going here, and anodized to a custom colour, maybe red.

Those in the US can do it here.

Then the next day it will take a dump and you will need warranty work, well, out of luck.

----------

Is it a bad thing when I can't remember....:eek:

Kiju

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2010
I have to check out the colours in person before committing. I have a black 4S, but I adore the white-faced phones. I'm thinking about silver this time around. Won't know for sure until I hold them though.

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
Interesting, looks like the poll here is the same as on reddit. I honestly though the split between the models (before I saw these polls) would be 33.3% but it seems the black is overwhelmingly the most popular.

Live always gotten black bezels. My wife always white. The white is very distracting to me.

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
I went gold again (128 gb). A small part of me is giving more consideration to the silver now. I think gold will look great in the Spigen Neo Hybrid Metal in Champagne. I can't wait for Friday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.