Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bilal25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2014
Mumbai, India
i was wondering how to transfer music from an iPod to samsung galaxy device. i tried a few softwares but it didn't work. help required please.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
i was wondering how to transfer music from an iPod to samsung galaxy device. i tried a few softwares but it didn't work. help required please.
Buy an app called senuti to copy the music from iPod to your computer first. As long as the songs on the iPod aren't old and DRM protected, you should then be able to use whatever app Samsung recommends to get them on your Galaxy.

bilal25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2014
Mumbai, India
sounds wrong, stupid and maybe illegal via copyright laws. get rid of the galaxy and enjoy life

getting rid of the galaxy once the iPhone 6 comes to india. i guess its wrong copying from iPod to galaxy. there are barriers in doing so.

----------

Buy an app called senuti to copy the music from iPod to your computer first. As long as the songs on the iPod aren't old and DRM protected, you should then be able to use whatever app Samsung recommends to get them on your Galaxy.

Tried an app called mobiletrans. Nothing happened and it wasn't letting the iPod transfer. the iPod was detectable on iTunes but the software wasn't detecting it. I also updated iTunes but still nothing happened.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Even with an iPhone, you still can't sync music directly from the iPod. With Apple, music syncs from iTunes on the computer to the device, not from device to device (or even device back to computer, unless you use a third-party app).

If you don't already have the music that's store on your iPod stored on your computer, you'll need to get it there before it can go to the iPhone.

senuti has been around for a long long time, and should have a trial mode that allows you to copy a few tracks to verify that it works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.