Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhone7ate9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
I just got a retina mini iPad and the battery life is amazing. How will the 6 be compared to that?

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
I just got a retina mini iPad and the battery life is amazing. How will the 6 be compared to that?

Is not easy to compare the two.
The only way you can compare battery life is to chose a usage and compare the two devices on that.
iPad has a battery life of 10-12 hours of browsing, and iPhone 6 lasts roughly for 10 hours.
So if you use iPad all day long you need to charge it at the end of the day, just like you do with your iPhone.

But many people don't use the iPad as their main device, they have laptops or desktops so is really common to have the iPad last for 2 or 3 days before it needs to be recharge, while most users really need to charge the iPhone every day.

iPhone7ate9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Is not easy to compare the two.
The only way you can compare battery life is to chose a usage and compare the two devices on that.
iPad has a battery life of 10-12 hours of browsing, and iPhone 6 lasts roughly for 10 hours.
So if you use iPad all day long you need to charge it at the end of the day, just like you do with your iPhone.

But many people don't use the iPad as their main device, they have laptops or desktops so is really common to have the iPad last for 2 or 3 days before it needs to be recharge, while most users really need to charge the iPhone every day.

See you were able to do it, wasn't too hard.

masands

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2010
My rMini lasts 15 hours of usage time. Yes that basically screen on time because all I do is watch Tv shows and movies. I charge it once a week.

There is no way the iPhone 6+ can beat that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.