Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

midnight555

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
I have an iPhone 4 that I would like to swap out with an iPhone 5. I know that the iPhone 4 uses a micro sim and the iPhone 5 uses a nano sim. I can attempt to cut the sim myself and don't tell AT&t, but would it cost me anything to take it into an AT&T store and ask them to give me a new sim card and transfer the phones? Will they charge me an upgrade fee if I tell them or is this a service that they provide for free? In addition, both phones are not under contract.

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I have an iPhone 4 that I would like to swap out with an iPhone 5. I know that the iPhone 4 uses a micro sim and the iPhone 5 uses a nano sim. I can attempt to cut the sim myself and don't tell AT&t, but would it cost me anything to take it into an AT&T store and ask them to give me a new sim card and transfer the phones? Will they charge me an upgrade fee if I tell them or is this a service that they provide for free? In addition, both phones are not under contract.

They will do this for you for free if you have an account with them. They are very friendly and accommodating for this kind of thing, and I have done it before many times in-store without any issues.

----------

Why dong u just call AT&T or do a live chat in safari

You said dong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.