Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jwowbman

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2014
Yeah Verizon is awesom but they're not exactly cheap lol. And of course Big Red doesn't offer the unlimited data plan anymore. Before switching to Sprint though, I would do a coverage check and make absolute sure that you'll get service in your area. I've had customers before who'd buy a phone from one of my coworkers, only to return it....and I'm like "well why did you return it" and their answer is "Sprint doesn't work in my area"

I'm moving to San Diego and SPRINT works great there. I had Verizon in a smaller city of less than 100,000 in TN because that was only way to get LTE where I lived. Any service is do able in San Diego

Blunt2544

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2014
Not sure what you are bumping but only update I'm getting is the run around. "No iphone 6 plus phones are available for us to pre order." I'm literally the only person trying to pre order at my store and they "can't" do it. I'm confused if they have a red or green light that allows them to do the pre order or if the employees there are undertrained and have no clue how. I'm lost in the sauce.

Jwowbman

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2014
I'm moving to San Diego and SPRINT works great there. I had Verizon in a smaller city of less than 100,000 in TN because that was only way to get LTE where I lived. Any service is do able in San Diego

Changed my mind and I'm picking up a 6 plus for T Mobile. Sprint is still not great in San Diego

josher747

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
Just to caution people on here planning on RadioShack coming through for them, here is my experience from the 5:

Trying to find a 5 on/shortly after launch, I called multiple RadioShacks and was put on their "lists" to be called when they received the one I wanted.. Atleast 5 different "lists". I never once got a call from any of them, and ended up ordering for pickup from apple.com a couple days after launch.

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
i'd check the delivery date first, they told me the same thing and when i got the email from verizon with 10/28 delivery date the store backtracked and now i'm having a hard time trying to get them to cancel the order

Lol they probably just don't wanna cancel your order cause they're counting on that sale to keep the lights on. ;) "We got a live one, don't let him get away!"

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
haha yea. Went Sunday after a business trip. got there at 5:45 right before they were going to close. The guys like don't worry not to many people even knew they could preorder it here. Told me I am def getting a 64gb one of on friday :)

I was like don't care what color because I will put a case on it asap. + 50 iTunes gift card :)

DravenGSX

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
After being first on the list at my local Shack for the iPhone 4 and them receiving zero phones, I've made it my mission to avoid that waste of retail space.

Happens every year here...

Sneakerp

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2012
When the iPhone 4 was sold out everywhere around me, I ended up finding one at my local RS a couple days after launch day.

Last Friday I walked into my local RS to pre-order, but they didn't have 6 128GB in space gray available. The manager told me to come in the next day and there system showed the phone I wanted would be available for pre-order. The manager also told me they were opening at 8am (regular is 9am) for people to pre-order.

I woke up on Saturday and got to RS at 8:05 (doors were still closed) and was the first person to pre-order the phone. The salesman said it should be there on release day. Hope RS comes thru.

Sidenote: I believe they opened an hour early to beat the other stores in that district who open at 9am.

martiansoldier

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2010
I pre-ordered my 4S at RS and guess what, I picked it up on launch day without any issues.

RS is much better than Worst Buy, who have yet to call me back on my 5 & 5s pre-orders.

queenfm85

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
Just called a few Radio Shacks in the San Diego area. Preorders stopped yesterday and a few of the stores said they will not get extra stock on Friday and the ones that said they would will NOT be getting Pluses. Bummer..

Jwowbman

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2014
Just called a few Radio Shacks in the San Diego area. Preorders stopped yesterday and a few of the stores said they will not get extra stock on Friday and the ones that said they would will NOT be getting Pluses. Bummer..

I'm in San Diego area as well. Are you going out tomorrow morning early to get your 6 plus? I sure am! Thinking of going REALLY early to Apple Store

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Last year, Radio Shack was one of the few stores where you could walk in and buy on day one.

Too bad they only had stock of the one I wanted the least, 16Gig Space Grey.

I'm expecting the same "Joe Six Pack" stock tomorrow.

famoussasjohn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
Can best buy do att next for new customers? And I want the iPhone 6 plus 128gb

Yes, they can do Next. Though they aren't doing pre-orders for the iPhone 6 Plus. No one really knows with Best Buy..I just pre-ordered on Apples site. Don't have time to deal with stores and all the hectic crap. I'll get it when I get it. :p

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010
I walked into my local, very run-down Radio Shack the other day to preorder 2 new phones (64 gb, silver, AT&T.) They still had availability on their pre-order inventory. I purchased two gifts cards as a deposit, which can then be used on the phones....tomorrow. Easy.

Now hopefully they wont declare bankruptcy before then and the store will still be there...

VO2Max

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
Walked in and picked up an iPhone 5 on launch day at 6pm from RS, after working all day. I had planned on getting it 1 or 2 months after launch as I figured they would be hard to come by. Before leaving work I gave them a call to see if they had any left. Turns out they had 1 more in stock that happened to be the color, size and carrier I needed. It was my first smartphone and I still have it and plan on keeping it for another 2 years.

Last edited:

Elenadc

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Wisconsin
Does anyone know if RS checks your upgrade eligibility before you can preorder? I'm up for an EDGE upgrade on Saturday and I'm hoping I can preorder one and have it there for me to pick up first thing on Saturday morning.

rpuffoath

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
Anybody hear anything about plus stock for D2U tomorrow as well? I know they add more devices over the day but just wanted to check and see.

Last edited:

Sneakerp

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2012
Does anyone know if RS checks your upgrade eligibility before you can preorder? I'm up for an EDGE upgrade on Saturday and I'm hoping I can preorder one and have it there for me to pick up first thing on Saturday morning.

They don't check eligibility and eligibility is not required when pre ordering.

Elenadc

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Wisconsin
They don't check eligibility and eligibility is not required when pre ordering.

Just ran over to my local store and unfortunately I missed the actual pre-order window, and to place a regular order they said I'd have to wait for my eligibility to come up.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Ratshack. I remember when they used to have items you couldn't get anywhere else. Resistors, cables, speakers, cool stuff. Now it's just crappy cell phone displays and garbage.

Blunt2544

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2014
I'm in San Diego area as well. Are you going out tomorrow morning early to get your 6 plus? I sure am! Thinking of going REALLY early to Apple Store
I am in San Diego too. I will be coming out tonight just to be sure that I get the 6 plus. I am calling AT&T stores and they are telling me wether or not they have them in stock so I know where to setup my campsite!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.