Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fleon85

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2011
New York
Apple will make this right for you. Just be patient while the team puts together a solution. Ranting on the internet about a great company isn't going to solve the problem. I feel strongly you'll soon learn why Apple is regarded as the best company in the world when it comes to customer care.

Yes son don't worry :apple:Apple has a plan for you, and it loves you. :apple: it just works in mysterious ways.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Bummer.

I waited and waited to get online only to have an error that said upgrades were not available in my region. I had to call in (curing regular hours obviously), but by then the plus was long gone. Such is life I guess.

jayrflow

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2013
I've read stories over in the Order Status thread where people were able to get a "Jump in Line" type of thing where if there was a mistake with their order and it was canceled or something, that the supervisor or whoever is on the phone would send a "Jump In Line" request so you could get your iPhone on launch day. May wanna look into that

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Yep, and he takes a phone away from someone who didn't have any problems. Well, now they have a problem, some entitled *** decided they are more important than everyone else and kicks and screams until they get what they want, at the expense of everyone else

So the OP gets screwed. I think we can all again upon that. Now because he got screwed someone else got his phone that other wise would not have. Why should it not then be right for the OP to get what is due him, and have the store set a phone aside for him? He is owed a phone. He preordered and did everything right. Why does he not deserve to have a phone on the 19th? That one person that would be screwed who was waiting in line is not being screwed. That phone was OP's from the start.

pubmix

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
He's not taking a phone away from anyone else. The theoretical person in line who would have gotten the phone the Apple Store takes from walk-in inventory could have gone online and preordered the phone just like the OP did. OP preordered specifically to ensure he would have the phone on release day, the person waiting in line would know or should know that they might not get a phone that day (especially if you get in line late enough to be the first person not to get a phone).

This.

BUT, the rep on the phone left me a voice mail today advising me to place the order again but call her tomorrow during business hours to "discuss the situation." I was at work so I couldn't call and talk but I will tomorrow. So I'll let you know what happens, if anyone cares.

pubmix

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
Just got off the phone with the rep and the best they could come up with was to tell me to replace the order and she will send a request asking for the order to be prioritized. The funny thing is, she said its a possibility the request could be denied and even of it was accepted, the 4-5 weeks would be more like 3-4.

I'm kind of at a loss what to do. It seems ridiculous that even with this option there is still a chance the request could be denied even though it was a complete mess up on their part.

ltb7

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2010
the beach
Just got off the phone with the rep and the best they could come up with was to tell me to replace the order and she will send a request asking for the order to be prioritized. The funny thing is, she said its a possibility the request could be denied and even of it was accepted, the 4-5 weeks would be more like 3-4.

I'm kind of at a loss what to do. It seems ridiculous that even with this option there is still a chance the request could be denied even though it was a complete mess up on their part.

be sweet as can be

call back and get another manager on phone, explain problem in 3 simple sentences with order number ready - be direct + polite but in nice way demand a phone to be set aside for you at local apple store on friday- have apple.com manager call apple store with you on 3 way so all 3 of you can speak - between the manager of apple store + manager at apple.com they will fix, be nice now, worry later about being upset.....

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Hang on, apple made a mistake but the OP should suffer because of it? No I dont think so, he/she has a right to demand something is done.

Of course he has the right to demand something to be done.
He just doesn't have the right that something be done.

In the end, there is no contract between him and Apple, so Apple has no obligation to do anything.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Apple will make this right for you. Just be patient while the team puts together a solution. Ranting on the internet about a great company isn't going to solve the problem. I feel strongly you'll soon learn why Apple is regarded as the best company in the world when it comes to customer care.

Apple is good but I very much doubt they will be able to help the OP. There are so many horror stories resulting in cancelled orders from Apple AND the carriers!

Mine was screwed up by Apple and AT&T and all they can say is that they are sorry!

pubmix

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
Good news: so I ended up calling the Apple Store and talking to a manager and explained the situation. He was completely understanding and put me in the reservation list and set aside a phone for me which I picked up this morning. I am now a happy iPhone 6+ owner :)

So that BS the lady on the phone told me about stores not being able to set aside inventory was a complete lie and I will never rely on Apple phone support ever again.

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
Good news: so I ended up calling the Apple Store and talking to a manager and explained the situation. He was completely understanding and put me in the reservation list and set aside a phone for me which I picked up this morning. I am now a happy iPhone 6+ owner :)

Good news? That's great news! Congrats!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.