Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srowndedbyh2o

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 28, 2009
Hawaii
I really like the look of both the Spigen Neo Hybrid, and Neo Hybrid Metal with the Apple logo showing. I’m favoring the look of the Hybrid Metal, but concerned that dirt/dust may migrate under the back of the case through the “Open Apple” causing scratching on the back of the phone, or the Apple logo itself may get scratched.
Anyone used a case with this Open Apple design? Any problems?

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I really like the look of both the Spigen Neo Hybrid, and Neo Hybrid Metal with the Apple logo showing. I’m favoring the look of the Hybrid Metal, but concerned that dirt/dust may migrate under the back of the case through the “Open Apple” causing scratching on the back of the phone, or the Apple logo itself may get scratched.

Doesn't it have a film across the hole? If not you could get a rear protector.

sluggozmom

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2011
Massachusetts
I like the apple showing. I'll get a back protector.
I have the metal and the hybrid.. (And the ultra & tough armor)
I have the tough armor on my 5 with a protector. I haven't noticed crap in there when I take that case off

-Knight-

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
Miami, FL

I like the Hybrid Metal one but I don't like the open hole. I thought about cutting a spare protector and placing around the apple logo then put the case on. Will prevent it from getting scratched or nicked.

I read that this case is a 2 piece though so i'm not happy about that either. I'd rather it be a solid 1 piece.

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
I have the Slim Armor S for my 5s and it's a two piece case. I wouldn't worry because Spigen cases are pretty snug. It won't come off like you think it will. What I do like is that you don't see a lot of dust or debris collecting behind the case. I switch my cases up a lot (using 3 spigen cases) and when I remove the cases I don't see any stuff on the back of them.

You should be fine with a two part case

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.