Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrobbie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2014
Looking for help as I am going round the bend with this. Never bothered me that much before, but now due to work requirements, its suddenly important.

I have all my email accounts set up in Outlook (2011) for Mac

The same emails are associated with my iCloud account

I am receiving invites into Outlook and accepting on my MacBook Air

I need to understand how I then synch these calendar entries with the calendars in my iMac, iPad and iPhone.

Is there a simple fix for this?

Should I ditch Outlook for mail and calendar and revert to Apple Calendar and Mail apps?

Any info appreciated

Thanks
Mike

mrobbie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2014
So I have had a play around with this for a bit this morning.

Using Mail and iCalendar do not help.

On the MacBook I get an .ics file which opens outlook and I can accept invite into Outlook calendar, which doesn't synch to other devices.

On the iPhone, I can add the entry into calendar, but it does not accept the invite so the organiser is unaware that I will be attending.

A bit of googling tells me that changes since Mavericks prevent Outlook synching? So this is never going to work?

Surely there is a way to get it to work? This is the first time since moving to Mac 7 years ago that I wish I was sitting with a Windows machine in front of me. First week as a contractor with my own equipment and can only see meetings I need to attend on my MacBook. My iPhone shows me nothing in calendar.

(and copying entries manually between Outlook and iCalendar seems absurd)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.