Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MentalFloss

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2012
The developers should take it as a glass-half-full situation. It's free publicity. I have never been interested in OmniFocus before, but now I am curious. Anyone here who uses and likes it? Is it worth the $20?

wizard

macrumors 68040
May 29, 2003
Sounds more like a server bug to me.

He is talking about bugs in general. In that regard he is right iOS 8 is buggy. Safari for example will crash hard randomly when trying to enter text into text boxes like this one. There seems to be an issue with loosing communications also in either safari or the lower level protocols, this often can be corrected with a Safari restart.

On the flip side I like iOS 8 a lot. I installed the betas on an iPad 3 right from the start and it isn't that bad at all. Safari is snappy, sometimes surprisingly so, and overall it seems to perform better than 7. This with all the debug code running that comes with betas. I suspect that for most people the enhancements in iOS 8 will be very attractive and that Apple will see a rapid adoption.

MentalFloss

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2012
I kind of expected iOS 7.0 to be glitchy because the entire UI was revamped (and it was) but there's really no excuse for how glitchy iOS 8.0 has been.

You really think a superficial update of the fonts and icons is more bug-prone than changes that affect some fairly deep OS functionalities?

Toltepeceno

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
SMT, Edo MX, MX
Very irritating, I still cannot activate imessage and facetime. I will wait a few days after the release tomorrow and contact them if I still can't since it's not officially out.

jonblatho

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2014
Oklahoma
i will never understand why they didnt just give it its own springboard page. maybe on the left where the spotlight used to be would have been a lot better.

The same reason they moved Spotlight out of there: It's unwieldy to leave an app and go to the first Home screen page to access it. That's why Spotlight is now accessible from any screen by pulling down, and widgets are available everywhere by being placed in Notification Center.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
The same reason they moved Spotlight out of there: It's unwieldy to leave an app and go to the first Home screen page to access it. That's why Spotlight is now accessible from any screen by pulling down, and widgets are available everywhere by being placed in Notification Center.

oh i havent even thought of that. makes sense

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
The developers should take it as a glass-half-full situation. It's free publicity. I have never been interested in OmniFocus before, but now I am curious. Anyone here who uses and likes it? Is it worth the $20?

Nope.

waterskier2007

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2007
Novi, MI
And has it been released to the public like the previous claim stated? No.

The previous claim did not state anything regarding the public. You quoted someone else who said

I agree. Developers have had to work in a bubble all this while, so there may be an initial "trial and error" period while everyone troubleshoots to see what works and what doesn't.

Basic extensions like enabling pocket extensions in safari shouldn't be a problem, but more complex ones might.

Hope Apple sorts them out fast.

Nowhere does it say public

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
My College Football Playoff App is currently in review. I figured there was no way I would make it by Wednesday because I just submitted it on Sunday but seems they have a lot of reviewers on right now.

mitty

macrumors regular
May 21, 2010
Melbourne
Lastpass just got an update, with TouchID and a Safari Extension, but the Safari Extension doesn't appear to be working yet, which is probably a symptom of this issue. Either they'll release a new build of iOS 8 GM, or there'll be an 8.0.1 for everybody by tomorrow as well. That could be confusing.

alchemistmuffin

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2007
I got a call from Apple today to update me on the issue (I'm a developer and I noticed that extension stopped working for me couple days ago)

Apparently, it's worser than expected. They are working overnight to fix the issue but there may be slight chance (around 5%) that it might not be fixed in time for launch tomorrow, due to the nature of the bug.

Thankfully, this bug can be fixed over the air without any app update nor developer requiring to resubmit the app (unless it really is tied to the app signing, then it may have to be resubmitted as an update)

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
I got a call from Apple today to update me on the issue (I'm a developer and I noticed that extension stopped working for me couple days ago)

Apparently, it's worser than expected. They are working overnight to fix the issue but there may be slight chance (around 5%) that it might not be fixed in time for launch tomorrow, due to the nature of the bug.

Thankfully, this bug can be fixed over the air without any app update nor developer requiring to resubmit the app (unless it really is tied to the app signing, then it may have to be resubmitted as an update)

Hearing similar things.

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
just got the new lastpass app from the appstore.

the lastpass extension in safari is now finally working and correctly filling out my login details on websites. yay! finally!

already got updated yesterday, but nothing happened when i tried to use the extension. with todays update it works.

tob!

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2011
Germany
just got the new lastpass app from the appstore.

the lastpass extension in safari is now finally working and correctly filling out my login details on websites. yay! finally!

already got updated yesterday, but nothing happened when i tried to use the extension. with todays update it works.

lastpass isn't working for me :/ I tap the Extension and nothing happens :(

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
lol there's already a new version again. not sure if its a bug or really a new version that fast.

r-m

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2010
"Today" notification widget for "App in the air" is now working.
Just had an App update for the same version I had already updated to last night. I installed the update again and now the widget is working.
Seems Apple have fixed it (re-signing stuff I guess) and re-listing as a new update for it to get fixed and onto people's devices :)
The App Store does still show there's an update available, so I guess they're still working on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.