Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

s.chase

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
I've owned both the Samsung Note 2 and 3 for the past couple of years. Both devices are great for what it does. I've been thinking about getting the iphone 6 and not the plus. One of the things that bugged me most about a big phone was that at most times the device couldn't fit in my pants pocket; therefore I always had to carry it. So I instead went for the samsung S4 and it was the perfect size. What I miss about the note is the pen that it comes with; other than that I think a smaller phone device like a 4.7 is best. Hearing many people going for the 5.5 device I really think it's a mistake for them. I'm a pretty huge guy and I think my note 3 was too big after awhile.

toekneeg

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
Orlando, FL
Note 3 user here. Switching to the plus.

I find it funny that sooo many people are going with the plus model. It's huge. I'm used to the size and love it. But most of the people that have messed with my phone either make fun of it or hate it.

I think alot of pwople will be returning their plus models for a 6

s.chase

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
Note 3 user here. Switching to the plus.

I find it funny that sooo many people are going with the plus model. It's huge. I'm used to the size and love it. But most of the people that have messed with my phone either make fun of it or hate it.

I think alot of pwople will be returning their plus models for a 6

Glad you still like it. I think the iPad mini best suits me if I wanted a bigger screen; but then I would have to carry a bag or something.

*KID*

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
Boston, MA
I'm a girl - I don't put phones in my pocket or own an ipad, tablet, etc.
The plus is perfect for me as one device for all & will fit in pretty much every purse I own. To each their own...

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
Lots of people like the idea of a big phone, but will hate it in their daily lives. I'm sure we'll see many returns and the 6 selling better over the year..

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I'm a girl - I don't put phones in my pocket or own an ipad, tablet, etc.
The plus is perfect for me as one device for all & will fit in pretty much every purse I own. To each their own...

You will not know if it a perfect device for you until you try it for awhile. Sold my Note 3 after two months.

I tried lots of smartphones, none have been perfect yet for me.

s.chase

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
Unless you're 6'8 with huge hands, i think the iphone 6 plus will be annoying to hold in the hand and use. The current Apple dilemma, smaller more comfortable version however with a weak battery, or the bigger uncomfortable longer lasting battery.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I never can figure the battery issues. The anker pack I bought costed about $10. Priceless but I hardly ever use it. People need to use a phone all day?

And if the battery lasts, then it would be something else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.