Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Npggirl7

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2014
EDGE up help, please!

I went to my Verizon to complete the pre-order, and it seems that it definitely will let me do so. (I was told by a Verizon rep that I would not be able to PRE order the phone with the edge program, I would have to wait until the phone came out on the 19th). Anyway, my question is, if I EDGE up via pre-order, and the phone comes in via UPS, how and when do I turn in my old device??

Thanks in advance to anyone out there that knows how this works with the Edge up program!

JayIsAwesome

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2013
Texas
They want what they want then and there and expect you to magically materialize something out of thin air that you are powerless to produce and if you don't they "will never come back, get you fired, complain to everyone they know and online, sue you for false advertising, and go to the competition."

And then the next week they're back in the store shopping lol that happens quite a bit

projectfx

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2014
I went to my Verizon to complete the pre-order, and it seems that it definitely will let me do so. (I was told by a Verizon rep that I would not be able to PRE order the phone with the edge program, I would have to wait until the phone came out on the 19th). Anyway, my question is, if I EDGE up via pre-order, and the phone comes in via UPS, how and when do I turn in my old device??

Thanks in advance to anyone out there that knows how this works with the Edge up program!

u have 14 days to turn it in after you get the new phone.

btw i "edged up" on the 12th...not sure what you were told.

timize

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Order info was just finally added to my account. The first pages says my order date is 9/17. When you click on order information, it says the order date is 9/15. No other info than "Your order is currently being processed...". I used a family members AMEX card to utilize the free year they add on to the warranty so I can't check if they've charged the card yet which is frustrating :/.

This is the same type of situation I'm in. Keep us updated, please!

Venge97RI

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014
And for those of you who have later ship dates, I would definitely go by the Apple Store after work Friday. They get shipments all day. For the launches of the iPad 3, iPad Air and iPhone 5 I went by the Apple store on launch day, after work, and waited in line each time for about 15 minutes and walked out with a device. The iPhone 5 was the only one that didn't have the color and size I wanted when it got to be my turn. Since Jobs is gone, they seem to be able to meet supply and demand in the stores much better.

This is pretty much my plan . i have a 10/7 date right now. havnt seen any movement since order day.. i plan to hit up a Verizon store on the way into work and then the apple store at lunch if it doesnt work out in the AM..

Does anyone with a 9/19 date have a Verizon store pickup ? i just want to see if the order tracking process plays out the same as the deliver at home people.

the last thing i want to do is cancel my preorder , but unknown to me the store that i did my preorder throgh has a pallet of iphones in the back. And i get stuck. A friend of mine did the order at a store thats ~250 miles from me

JayIsAwesome

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2013
Texas
I bet a lot of 6+ people will be heading to Verizon stores next week to try to exchange for a 6. If you haven't used a Galaxy Note or a comparable size phone before the 6+ is going to shock you. It takes a while to get used to and most people will not take the time. I would suggest those of you with order ship days, go to a store and see if there are any there.

Or maybe people who ordered the 6+ will actually like their phones and those who ordered the 6 will regret the purchase and return the 6 and get a 6+. Or maybe everybody will just happy with whatever they get #

Npggirl7

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2014
u have 14 days to turn it in after you get the new phone.

btw i "edged up" on the 12th...not sure what you were told.

Oh, nice! Thank you for the answer!
So they send a mailer for me to return via mail, or I need to go to a local store?

And, before the pre-order began for the iPhone, I chatted with 2 different Verizon reps online, and they both told me I would not be able to PRE-order the new iPhone on the Edge program. They said I would have to wait until the 19th. So, I got busy and figured I would wait.
Then found out, I can. Heh!

TristanPT

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2014
Lexington, SC
Not sure if this has been covered yet in this sea of 4,000 comments...

Does anyone know if they will ship a partial shipment or do they hold it until all phones are ready to go? I probably should have just done 2 separate orders for my 6Plus and my wife's 6. Oh well. Hers is probably ready to go.

I ordered around 3:40am EST.

projectfx

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2014
Oh, nice! Thank you for the answer!
So they send a mailer for me to return via mail, or I need to go to a local store?

And, before the pre-order began for the iPhone, I chatted with 2 different Verizon reps online, and they both told me I would not be able to PRE-order the new iPhone on the Edge program. They said I would have to wait until the 19th. So, I got busy and figured I would wait.
Then found out, I can. Heh!

either store or ship it back i think...

papa8706

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Has anyone with a deliver by date of 10/14 on their order confirmation email got a charge on their CC or shipping/tracking info?

I had a 10/14 email confirmation for a gold 64GB 6+. No info available on my Verizon under orders and and "not available at this time" under order status. I finally contacted Verizon today and she told me that this means my order is "still in presales and it hasn't shipped yet". She told me I will likely get no information when I check the status until it has actually shipped. Which seems ridiculous. Isn't that the point of checking the status so you can see when it is supposed to ship??

Drew888

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I had a 10/14 email confirmation for a gold 64GB 6+. No info available on my Verizon under orders and and "not available at this time" under order status. I finally contacted Verizon today and she told me that this means my order is "still in presales and it hasn't shipped yet". She told me I will likely get no information when I check the status until it has actually shipped. Which seems ridiculous. Isn't that the point of checking the status so you can see when it is supposed to ship??

You have a month to go, and you're saying it's ridiculous that you can't check? Seriously? If it's 10/7ish, then okay you might wanna see how things stand.

Draculance

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014
I have seen some 10/7 go out that was place around the same time as me which was about 30 mins into preorder. They are 128 or 16 plus though so Im still waiting for some info on my 64 to change!

MedicBMC

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2011
So. Cal
I'm relieved I won't have any access to technology for the next 6 days. The rifle hunt for deer starts 9/19 and I'll be deep in the woods of the Sierra Nevadas in a couple hours. I can finally stop this obsessing of every inch my iPhone 6+ has moved. I never thought I'd get like this, but it's consumed me lol

papa8706

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
You have a month to go, and you're saying it's ridiculous that you can't check? Seriously? If it's 10/7ish, then okay you might wanna see how things stand.

Lol, seeing that I ordered on 9/12 in the AM and I was told by the rep it was going to ship earlier and to disregard the confirmation email because that's not accurate and that the order status is the one to go by, yes I think it is ridiculous.

BeyondMountains

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2008
What are the wait times for a new Verizon order? space gray 128gb 4.7?

I have att phone arriving on the 19th but they are sh*theads and want to raise my bill by $15 a month.

The new verzion plan looks good at $60 for unlimited text, talk , 2gb

Drew888

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
You're golden, congrats! My card was charged last night and then I got a tracking # this morning. All good.

See, told ya it'd all work out. :p

No tracking for me, yet. Guessing overnight that will update.

Never did doubt you. Just have been against people telling others they will get their phones on time. Bold statement to make considering everything is in Apple, Verizon, and FedEx's hands.

hmartin

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2014
All these canceled orders are freaking me out, so I called the UPS customer center and they say all I good to go. It'll be shipped tomorrow and delivered Friday. Still no movement from UPS, simply just a confirmation of a shipping label; and that's it.

Anyone else have other info?

Drew888

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2013
Los Angeles, CA

I have att phone arriving on the 19th but they are sh*theads and want to raise my bill by $15 a month.

Yesterday I checked and it listed delivers by 9/19 (gold and silver) forgot the date for space grey, beginning of October I thought

----------

All these canceled orders are freaking me out, so I called the UPS customer center and they say all I good to go. It'll be shipped tomorrow and delivered Friday. Still no movement from UPS, simply just a confirmation of a shipping label; and that's it.

Anyone else have other info?

This is the the order status thread...

Anyway, UPS takes longer to update tracking info, check in the morning

xanadured

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2014
ok, here it goes...anyone with D771001 and shipping info/confirmation can you post start of order number? trying to gage where they are on shipping.

My status, just updated: Your order is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow.

mastercheif91

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011

No reason to order from Verizon themselves. Get your phone from apple.com. You'll get it quicker and you minimize your chances of having to deal with a Verizon customer service rep which may or may not cause you heightened anxiety and rage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.