Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I think we'll get it quicker this year. Those guys in China will make it happen. I think it took 95 days for the first iOS 7 jailbreak...I'm guessing a few weeks top for iOS 8 jailbreak.

Totally

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2012
West Coast = Best Coast
There is nothing to count down. A countdown means you are counting to a certain time and day. No one knows when the jailbreak will be released. It could take 95 days again...

You're better off counting up from now. And reading one of the other 100 threads about iOS 8 jailbreak.

Totally

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2012
West Coast = Best Coast
the chinese will make it happen

... Who?

What are you basing your claim off? Pangu?

This is what I have heard, correct me if I'm wrong: Pangu was a tool that used an exploit that was given to the Pangu team by i0nic (whether you love or hate him, I don't care). Pangu didn't find it, i0nic did. It was an exploit that would have caused legal trouble for Americans to use.

So... What makes you think that the Pangu team is gonna find the next jailbreak? They didn't even find the one they used for 7.1.0, they learned about it in a seminar class.

Wowzera

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
Brazil
... Who?

What are you basing your claim off? Pangu?

This is what I have heard, correct me if I'm wrong: Pangu was a tool that used an exploit that was given to the Pangu team by i0nic (whether you love or hate him, I don't care). Pangu didn't find it, i0nic did. It was an exploit that would have caused legal trouble for Americans to use.

So... What makes you think that the Pangu team is gonna find the next jailbreak? They didn't even find the one they used for 7.1.0, they learned about it in a seminar class.

Refresh your sources... They used one of ionic's exploits, but later they used other one. Pangu rocks.

I am sure that soon we will see an 8.0 jailbreak.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.