Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AwesomeRob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2014
Hello, I tried to update the to Mavericks 10.9.5 but it only says to restart on the softftware update in Mac App Store but when I always do restart it goes back to OS X and doesn't install the update during boot. Any suggestions?

s0nicpr0s

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Illinois
Just double checking, after the update downloads and prompts you to restart now (or later), it'll restart and just bring you back to the login screen without applying the update?

s0nicpr0s

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Illinois
Is it installed for you now then?

I just wanted to check that it was initiating the restart. I know when installing updates on Windows you can restart it whenever you're ready, and it'll install them on it's own. But with OS X I've always made sure to let the App Store (or Software Update pre Lion) restart itself. I personally have no clue if telling it later and then restarting it by hand two minutes later would trigger the install... Something I should really look into.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Have clicked on the Apple icon in the upper left hand > clicked on About this Mac, and see which OS is installed ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 5.29.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 5.29.49 PM.png
    100 KB · Views: 36
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.