Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mojito

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2014
This just doesn't really mean anything to me. I can see it mattering to some people for some reason, but I frankly don't care what anyone else thinks about hyping a product. If it's what I want and need, I'm happy to buy and own it. Let the discussion commence though...

Eileen89

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2014
A lot of people come back to the iPhone even for the older models like the iPhone 5S.

CyBeRino

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2011
It's cool how he goes and stands in line for them (or in this case, has his wife fedex it) like every other schmuck even though he could just waltz up to Apple HQ and poke Tim in the eye for one before they even launch.

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
It's cool how he goes and stands in line for them (or in this case, has his wife fedex it) like every other schmuck even though he could just waltz up to Apple HQ and poke Tim in the eye for one before they even launch.

Yep, while others here are having a mind meltdown over not being able to get it on launch day, with a few even hoping to get it before launch day because the carriers have it in their system now.

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
I wonder just how much pull he still has at apple. Could he just pop into headquarters and get iPhones whenever?

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
Wow the video guy is really annoying, but it shows how classy and genuine Woz is. IIRC, Woz didn't like the 5S because it didn't get the 128 GB upgrade (he said he didn't have good internet at home and wanted to store more videos on his phone).

Glad he approves of the new models :).

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Sep 15, 2012

I thought he was done with Apple a while ago. If anything won't he get arrested for trespassing?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)

Or he's a dried up old tool who enjoys making sensationalist remarks and is attention-deprived, so he has to pull stunts like standing in line.

You know, either one.

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
That was such an awkward interview

Seems like the guy filming hasn't talked to another actual human being in awhile. He can barely speak a coherent sentence.

Also it's kind of odd how he says "I was always wondering..blah blah blah" Like he's been sitting up nights thinking about this. Weird.

He's also a bit too out there. In a weird "I've been living in my mom's basement since birth" kind of way.

I try not to judge...but damn haha

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
i know Woz has been on the heavy side for a while and maybe this is due to the backpack...but i don't ever remember him having man boobs of that size?

sorry, i had to mention it

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
He probably could, if he wanted to. It's really odd to me that he doesn't really want to affiliate with the company he helped start.

I think he's just a tech guy at heart. Doesn't care for the business side so he tries not to be associated to only apple. But yeah I guess still being an employee he can get products pretty much whenever

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.