Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Souskei

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2013
Huh?
I've had my 5 since launch and it never bent.

Did you mean blend? Cuz I can't wait to,see if the 6/6+ will blend. :D

whirldy

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2011
Within
82d7effbcabe1921a8d01f006e87a373.jpg

This thing will not bend!

It's a masterpiece

saltd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
I never thought of the Iphone 5, or any other iPhone as "bendable" I imagine it'd be more possible with a thinner phone, like the 6. I'd not be keeping it in your back pocket, lest you may sit on it.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
Mine is still perfectly straight even after all the imaginary stress I've put it through.

Thrifty1

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2009
My iPhone 5 had a slight bend/twist in it after always keeping it in my front jeans pocket. Pressure was applied to it over time and it bent / twisted slightly. This is what messed up my down volume button over time and it did not work. If I twisted the phone slightly back the other way, the down volume button would work again.

If you take your iPhone 5 / 5s, you can definitely apply pressure and bend it slightly. The key is to avoid situations like in a tight pocket where when you sit down it might put too much force on the phone and bend it. Do this enough times and it probably will bend it.

Thrifty1

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2009
I ended up sending the iPhone 5 in under the sleep/wake button replacement program this year and that fixed the volume button permanently (they are on the same flex cable assembly that was replaced).

The other nice thing is they replaced several other parts for free that did not meet their standards during the repair process. My iPhone was about 15 months old (no Apple Care purchased) and they replaced the battery which was great.

I will keep this iPhone 5 as a back-up in case one of our new phones has an accident. It really is still a great phone.

JokerElite

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
New Jersey
OP is talking about when people pre-ordered their iPhone 5 two years ago, a number of people received phones that were slightly bent. Slight but noticeable.

Such as:
Scott%20Hale%20Bent%20iPhone%203.jpg

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
OP is talking about when people pre-ordered their iPhone 5 two years ago, a number of people received phones that were slightly bent. Slight but noticeable.

Was that straight from the factory?! I knew the iPhone 5 had a tendency to bend when sat on while in your back pocket, but I never remember hearing about them coming from the factory like that.

I still remember one of my friends who slammed an iPhone 4 in the door of their car twice and it survived minus the back panel and bent frame.

JokerElite

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
New Jersey
Was that straight from the factory?! I knew the iPhone 5 had a tendency to bend when sat on while in your back pocket, but I never remember hearing about them coming from the factory like that.

I still remember one of my friends who slammed an iPhone 4 in the door of their car twice and it survived minus the back panel and bent frame.

I believe so. Several people were posting about theirs when receiving them and had to get them exchanged. It really was weird.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.