Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 15, 2010
I was just at a Panera here in town and they've enabled their stores to accept NFC payments. So there's a couple of gals in front of me that keep waving their iPhone 5S over the payment terminals and are screaming at the clerk behind the counter that there must be something wrong with the readers because Apple TOLD THEM they could use their iphones with Apple Pay.

Last I checked....5S doesn't have NFC. Apple Pay use from within an app that supports it, sure. But...not like this.

I think the download of iOS8 coupled with the keynote and marketing buzz earlier this month is going to confuse an awful lot of 5S users.

spazma7ik

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2009
I was just at a Panera here in town and they've enabled their stores to accept NFC payments. So there's a couple of gals in front of me that keep waving their iPhone 5S over the payment terminals and are screaming at the clerk behind the counter that there must be something wrong with the readers because Apple TOLD THEM they could use their iphones with Apple Pay.

Last I checked....5S doesn't have NFC. Apple Pay use from within an app that supports it, sure. But...not like this.

I think the download of iOS8 coupled with the keynote and marketing buzz earlier this month is going to confuse an awful lot of 5S users.

Sure you did, buddy. Sure you did.

infoe

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011

cool story bro

westcoastin

macrumors member
May 3, 2011
Hahaha, yes, that shows the stupidity of the general population and is nothing new.

A8WQBzUl.jpg

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011

Were they blond?
VERY blond?

Nothing to see here, move along.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.