Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CardMeHD

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014
My location is N215401 and my order number is 835xx, I wonder if we are in the same location. 3:50 ET is when they said they received the order. I was so tired from staying up I wasn't sure exactly what time I sent it, but that sounds about right.

I think the rep was just throwing all kinds of info at me probably didn't want me to flip out or something, which I wouldn't have done. They have been standing by the 9/19 date for me for the last few days with the exception of one rep who said the 10/14, when I questioned a supervisor about the 10/14 date she said that was if I ordered the phone today and didn't do the early pre-order. lol I am switching from AT&T to Verizon and this doesn't give me the highest level of confidence about making that switch.

I have the same location as you. Ordered a 6+ 64GB Space Gray at 3:13 am, and I'm still seeing 10/7. No charge on the credit card, no status change, except that this morning they updated their tracking system to reaffirm 10/7 delivery.

Kinda sucks that ordering in the first 15 minutes still has me waiting over two weeks to get the phone. Buddy of mine at work ordered the exact same phone from AT&T at like 9am and he's getting his delivered tomorrow. That'll teach me to order from Verizon again (didn't even want to do it this time).

SBrooks360

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2012
Jump the line is a JOKE!!

I called about it earlier and was told once it's been placed, the date cannot be changed.

You too, like me and others, were lied to...

That's not true. I was told specifically they submitted the jump the line forms to the right department yesterday and less than 24 hours later my credit card was just charged $1,100. From what I've read once that happens shipping and tracking happens pretty soon afterwards.

koolaid-drinker

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Kingsport,Tn
I have the same location as you. Ordered a 6+ 64GB Space Gray at 3:13 am, and I'm still seeing 10/7. No charge on the credit card, no status change, except that this morning they updated their tracking system to reaffirm 10/7 delivery.

Kinda sucks that ordering in the first 15 minutes still has me waiting over two weeks to get the phone. Buddy of mine at work ordered the exact same phone from AT&T at like 9am and he's getting his delivered tomorrow. That'll teach me to order from Verizon again (didn't even want to do it this time).

What this affirms is that pre-ordering is virtually useless for most people.
There is no use in pre-ordering if you dont get the phone on launch day.
By the time 10/7 comes, you will likely be able to get the phone at the store....

----------

That's not true. I was told specifically they submitted the jump the line forms to the right department yesterday and less than 24 hours later my credit card was just charged $1,100. From what I've read once that happens shipping and tracking happens pretty soon afterwards.

I was the exact same thing yesterday and when it didn't happen, the manager basically told me i was full of crap and screw off...

timothyme

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014
Do you think your call made the difference or simply your turn in line? Alot of folks are posting after their phone-in things move immediately. :eek:

It's tough to say, I called several times this week... Including twice today. I would like to think it's just my turn, and that if I wouldn't have called that I would still have received the phone tomorrow as promised originally. :)

Clocksetbyfeel

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
California

I'm in the same boat, nothing charged and just today the Verizon site updated with the same ship date as my email. I ordered at 12:45am in California. :(

joshualhiggins

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2014
I was bored at work and decided to give Verizon another call about my iPhone 6+ SG ordered at 3:20 a.m. ET on 9/12.

The order status on the site and my email says 10/14, but the Verizon rep said based on the time I ordered I should be in the "first wave" and more information should be available when the new phones actually launch tomorrow. He said Apple's supply numbers has thrown them off and that explains the continuous change in ship dates.

Not very sure this is helpful, but does provide some hope for some of us who are still waiting for tracking information.

dblackwood72

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
Orange County, CA
By the time 10/7 comes, you will likely be able to get the phone at the store....

um, I disagree... I think there will still be huge supply constraints on 10/7. That being said, I think pre-sale is only good if you get in on it immediately!

swindledpierogi

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
And now, instead of 10/14, my status says 10/7, better... but still not 9/19. Hopefully it will change, but it's so nice to see something other than not available.

Just checked my bank account and there is a charge for the FULL AMOUNT for VZW. Ummmm this seems promising! :)

what date did your confirm email have

Retrogecko

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2013
I went to a Verizon store for the launch of the Motorola Droid. I was able to get one and get out before school started. I can't remember if there were even any other people there waiting to get one.

If you get there early enough and your town doesn't have a bunch of tech fiends like here in SoCal you might be alright and get anything you want.

As crazy as the preorder might get, it still beats my store experience. However, it could be different in your town. Sounds like it's your last shot! Let us know how it goes!

Thanks so much y'all. I'll let you know how it goes. I don't have class until afternoon tomorrow, so I'm thinking of heading over around 5. Relatively small town (50k people) So I'm not sure what to expect but I'm hoping for the best!

seanbush

macrumors member
May 30, 2013
boooo

after about a week i still get "We received your order and it is in process. Expected Ship Date: 10/28/2014"

thanks work...

DJames76

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
Bay Area
At this point sales constraints are speculation...however, yeah what good is presales if you cant get it when it launches..

I think they just flat out did not have nearly enough I phone 6 pluses ready to go for launch, they should of just delayed the launch for the Plus by 2 weeks to try to have enough stock.

CardMeHD

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014

----------

I was the exact same thing yesterday and when it didn't happen, the manager basically told me i was full of crap and screw off...

I pre-ordered both the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 and had my devices in hand on launch day while others were standing in line and getting nothing. But I pre-ordered those devices through Apple, not Verizon.

I think that what this really proves is to always pre-order an iPhone through Apple. I wanted to do that this time, but their site wasn't live when Verizon's was, so I figured I would be better off just getting from Verizon. That ended up being far from the truth.

I also think it proves that Apple severely underestimated the demand for the iPhone 6 Plus. I can still order an iPhone 6 today and get it tomorrow, but most 6+ people seem to be SOL.

um, I disagree... I think there will still be huge supply constraints on 10/7. That being said, I think pre-sale is only good if you get in on it immediately!

How much more "immediate" than 13 minutes can I get? About 10 of those minutes were spent just getting through the pages on Verizon's site and inputting my payment information. The other 3 minutes were spent checking to see if Apple's site was live because I knew better than to order anything through Verizon.

Cuniac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2013
Phoenix
Finnaly a change on my account. Sadly it says 10/7. I'll hope that it will change to tomorrow like other people's but I don't know.

fireguy286

macrumors demi-god
Sep 15, 2014
NY'er in Philly
I think they just flat out did not have nearly enough I phone 6 pluses ready to go for launch, they should of just delayed the launch for the Plus by 2 weeks to try to have enough stock.

This would have made more sense, but Apple was likely trying to accomplish 2 things: Make sure it's available before the Note 4, and prevent their own cannibalization of people that would order a 6 and then return it for the 6+ they really wanted all along. Getting it out there helps them gauge what the demand really is for going from 4 to 5.5in. ...they certainly learned.

koolaid-drinker

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Kingsport,Tn

I agree.. telling consumers that you are delaying the launch for a few weeks to build up stock is completely acceptable.

On the other hand...

Apple over-estimated the 5C last year and now have tons of stock of it.

Manufacturing logistics is a guessing game...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.