Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Hope ya had a great trip! Anywhere fun?
We nipped of to Portugal for a week - on the way out of the airport we passed the stadium Gibraltar are using whilst their own stadium is finished, so I picked up some football geek points disseminating that information amongst my nonplussed fellow travellers. :p

Anyway, to business!

First, a catch up on the traditional MacRumors Fantasy League. We're only three Gameweeks in of course, but here's where we stand at the moment...

League-Table1415_GW_1.png

And then of course there's the head-to-head MacRumors Premier. Here's another table for you to peruse...

H2H-Table1415_GW_3.png

This weekend sees our players return from the international break, and our head-to-head matches look a little like this...

Sporting Dual-Cores v Mancunian Mopheads
The Stoplights v Omaha Latics
1871 Readingrad v Keta All Stars
Thigh High Socks v Daggermouth FC
PACHYDERM FC v Tim's Team
Brainerd FC v Damn Yanks!!!
The Fightin' Shrooms v Cleveland FC
Fabulous Boyz v Scumthorpe Toads
Fizzy's Flyers v Woodshire FC
Top Ramen FC v iToys​

Finally, as we're now in September we can dish out our MacRumors Manager of the Month Award for August. A cursory look at the tables will show that the trophy doesn't have to travel far, as it's my own Sporting Dual-Cores who picked up an unmatched 169 points for the month.

Sporting-Dual-Cores_2014-15_Home.png

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
Don't forget, chaps - with the international break over we're back in action this weekend. The deadline for transfers and line up changes is 11.30am this Saturday (GMT).

I played my wildcard and threw out 75% of my squad. Taking drastic actions sooner than later to try to alleviate my traditional slow start.

Slimmyhendrix

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
MN
Post should read "fütbol" lol
If it wasn't for the Barclays logo I would have thought American football.

Go gunners!

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
btw, anyone down for that CL Fantasy game? Just noticed and would give it a try. But if so, hurry! :D

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
haha, no idea how that works lol, but I've created a league (UEFAil FoulPlay) code is 2086610-626802

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Alright. I'm signed up. I don't even know who half these guys are. Guess that's why I wanted to play, though.

Lol. Same here, not going to take this very serious - just picking players I'm about to watch. Post your team (or PM so we don't spam this thread) and I'll do the same - more fun that way I guess.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Lol. Same here, not going to take this very serious - just picking players I'm about to watch. Post your team (or PM so we don't spam this thread) and I'll do the same - more fun that way I guess.

I joined the group so we can see each team that way. Mind if invite the Damn Yankees to join? Good start for The Stoplights. Nice to root for Bale again. I'll PM ya and Mr OW going forward...

I'm weak, I'll give it a go.

Exactly my thoughts this am! :D I take it your the Corrupta?

Good luck fellas!

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I joined the group so we can see each team that way. Mind if invite the Damn Yankees to join? Good start for The Stoplights.

Sure, the more the merrier.

Seeing the table I take it both of you read and understood the rules? :mad:

Anyway, Dortmund ftw!!! :D

oscillatewildly

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2007
23 Railway Cuttings
Tilpots; yep, Deportivo Corrupta. Luckily the team registered; leaving it late seems to be risky re their servers. I'll have to fit Bale in somehow.

twietee; I'd read on the Scout site that the game was the same as the World Cup one re substitutions/captain. Checked the rules after kick off.

Slimmyhendrix,

Try the football thread:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1754739/

daneoni is of the same faith.

Cheers,
OW

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Tilpots; yep, Deportivo Corrupta. Luckily the team registered; leaving it late seems to be risky re their servers. I'll have to fit Bale in somehow.

Very intimidating name; unfortunately I can't change to Don Kagawa anymore :(

OW, you put Dortmund in as well?? :D Out on a mission to humiliate the iToys once more?

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Check out the big pts on Deportivo Corrupta! I've a feeling you've been scouting this Champions League fantasy game out for awhile. Well played, sir. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.